Embers

He gets home, shutting the door behind him as he lets the bags drop to the floor, releasing some of the tension inside of him.

Absentmindedly, he walks over to the fridge and opens up a beer. He feels delighted as the liquid pours into him, yet he feels empty.

The man begins to feel cold and prepares the fireplace. Satisfied with the growing flames and immediate gratification of heat, he sits down on the old, brown couch.

As the warmth begins to take over the room, he falls into his deep thoughts and lets his green eyes ponder on the fire. Then, the man does a dangerous act and lets himself wander.

The fire place is the only thing that matters right now, nothing else. The scorching, delicate flames begin to twist around and he gasps as he sees two bodies dancing.

He looked deeper into the blaze, feeling deranged. His usual frown began to shift into a soft smile as he recognized the dancers. How could he not?

His eyes began to well up, a tear drop escaping from his eye and rolling down his soft cheeks.

His smiled significantly flourished as the features of her face were hightened by the fire and memories came flooding back, overtaking him.

His excitement began to drop as the bodies grew closer, hugging and turning into a single flame. He closed his eyes, trying so desperately to burn that image in his mind before the cold settled in and what once were two dancing bodies, turned into embers.