chapter 16

L U K E

I woke up with a throbbing headache. I slowly sat up and harshly blinked the dots spotting my vision. I could feel my body sway and I could feel my headache start padding into murky waters. I took a deep breath and almost flew downstairs to take my medicine. I didn't take it last night, so I could've had a seizure while I was asleep. I shuddered off the thought while I gulped down water to chase the pills I just inhaled.

"Well good morning to you too." Tyler croaked.

I looked at him. Why was he-

 Amber must have gotten him good after I left

"What did Amber do to you after I left?"

"How can you tell?"

"Your voice sounds fucking terrible."

"That bad?"

 "Yup" 

"What'd you do?"

 "I apparently scared her, and when she threatened to spray me with her pepper spray I told her that mom would kill her so she resorted to spraying my room and by association almost fucking killing me because that shit is strong ." 

"You-"

 "I already know don't remind me. What about you?" 

"I didn't do anything. You threw water on us. I went to my room and knocked the hell out"

Tyler choked on his coffee.

"You WHAT?!" 

"Knocked. Out."

He pushed his coffee forward, pressing his forehead on the counter.

"Lucky bastard" he muttered before shooting back up with furrowed eye brows.

"Are you feeling alright? Why did you run down here like you were being chased." 

"I forgot to take my meds last night and I sorta felt dizzy when I woke up, so I ran down here so I didn't have a seizure on the stairs or some shit."

Tyler shrugged, but his eyebrows remained furrowed in concern, "Do you feel better now? Still feel laggy?"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine, I swear."

Before Ty could further interrogate me, we were interrupted when Amber walked down the stairs with a guilty pang in her eyes. We both stared her down as she made her way to the kitchen table.

"Sorry" she muttered.

 "What was that?" Tyler gaped.

 "S o r r y. I'm sorry for spraying pepper spray on your walls, but don't pretend you were in the right so I did what I had to do. But I'm sorry I took it too far."

"Yeah, I'm sorry too." Tyler said.

"I did it mom!" Amber called out.

We rolled out eyes, sure she meant it but she wouldn't apologize unless it was really bad or by force.

We started rambling on and on about stupid topics when the doorbell rang and a grin spread across my face.

Amber and Tyler shared a look as I went to go open the door.

Ethan and Bethany stood at the door, Bethany holding a similar look to mine as Ethan looked like he was 2 seconds from running away.

I stood back, opening to arm as a gesture to welcome them in the house.

"Good luck Ethan" Tyler laughed, as I led the two to my room.

He visibly gulped.

Beth plopped down on the beanbag on the corner of my room as I lay on my bed, propped up by pillows and we both put our attention on Ethan who was fiddling with his fingers, avoiding eye contact.