chapter 27

B E T H A N Y

After I was FORCED upstairs by the heathens, I cautiously approached Luke's door.

"Luke?" I whispered softly entering the door.

I stepped in and saw Luke on his bed, grabbing at his cast.

I tilted my head. "What are you doing?" I asked.

His head slowly turned to look at me and stared at me intently before sticking out his lip in a fake pout. "It's itchy" He whined.

I swatted his hands away.

"Stop." I laughed

"But Beth it's itchy" He whined

I playfully glared at him. "I don't care"

"I see the type of person you are"

"Really? Tik Tok? Again"

"And what about it?"

We burst out laughing for a good 30 seconds before awkwardness swept over us.

"Are you-"

He glared at me. With every fiber in his body.

".... Hungry" I finished.

His face lit up. "You know me so well, but I'm not going back there with them."

"Good because I hate traveling up and down the stairs." a voice called out from behind the door.

I rolled my eyes. They send me up here only to eavesdrop.

"One second please." I politely excuse myself

I step outside and watch as everyone's facade drastically crumbles.

"And what exactly do we have here?" I ask

Silence

"I don't think I spoke a foreign language ladies" I deadpan making sure I glare directly at the guys, hoping to get under their skin.

I rolled my eyes, "Come back in 30 minutes, we need to have a serious talk and I don't want you guys interrupting"

Ethan seemed to catch on to what I was hinting at, as he perked up, hastily rushing them down the stairs, "Good luck" He winked.

I rolled my eyes, not bothering to hide my smile as I stepped back inside Luke's room, closing the door behind me.

I turned around to see Luke looking at me expectantly from his bed.

"Your new friends have attachment issues."

"I know."

I awkwardly cleared my throat. Fuck talking about this is going to be harder than I thought. Suddenly, Luke's hand covered mine. I looked into his eyes, watching him give me an understanding look.

"I know what you're thinking about." He sighed, "We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, I just want to let you know something."

I simply nodded, I don't think I could speak even if i wanted to right now.

Luke sighed, looking into my eyes, cupping my face. "I don't regret anything. I've liked you for as long as I can remember. I just thought it was our close bond or temporary but my feelings increased day by day. I didn't tell you because I didn't know if you liked me or not and I didn't want to ruin our friendship. You and Ethan being in my life are the best things that have ever happened to me, and to lose one of you would just.. it would be bad for me. So I put my feelings on the back burner and focused on maintaining our friendship. But that day in my room, when the sun spread across you face, lighting up your face, and the way you looked at me. I couldn't help myself. I'm sorry if you didn't like it or if you felt forced, but when you left I felt like you hated me or like I had ruined everything. I'm just- I'm sor-"