Method of Teasing (Ieyasu Tokugawa x MC)

A/N: Just like with the Nobunaga one and the one coming after this with Motonari, this was begotten of a discord joke. Enjoy;D

I do not own Ikemen Sengoku, any of its characters, or the picture.

She shouldn't. She really, really shouldn't.

...But it was just so tempting!!!

No matter how hard MC tried, that's where her eyes drifted every time her prickly boyfriend was walking in front of her, the fabric of his robes shifting as he walked.

The idea originally occurred to her one day when Ieyasu had left her blushing and tongue-tied after a round of teasing. He'd gotten up to pull a couple more books from the shelf in his room, a satisfied smirk on his face, and for some reason her eyes had immediately snapped to his kimono-covered behind. Just like that, a seed of an idea was planted in her brain and her palm began to tingle. Did she dare? What would happen if she...?

Opening and closing her hand, she tore her eyes away just as Ieyasu turned back around, but he'd already caught her gaze, lifting a blonde eyebrow. "What were you looking at just now?"

Burying her nose in her book to keep him from seeing the heightened red on her cheeks, she just chirped, "Nothing," as innocently as she could, a difficult task all things considered.

He didn't buy it, that much was obvious, but he didn't pry any further into it either, clicking his tongue before sitting down on a cushion and opening the book he had pulled from the shelf. The next few hours were torture as she had to pretend she was focused on her book and wasn't completely thinking about his ass.

Since then, the idea had remained firmly lodged in her mind, blooming into a beautiful, mischievous flower and lying in wait for when she could possibly deploy it.

The fact that it was guaranteed he wouldn't even see it coming made it even better. Ieyasu could be suspicious of her all he wanted, but there was no way he could ever guess what she had in mind. She could already imagine how he would react in typical tsundere fashion, a heavy blush on his cheeks as he sputtered insults at her like the angry little Ieyasupine he was. He would certainly think twice before he teased her again.

Of course, he noticed her behavior- the little giggles she tried to stifle, the glances when she thought he wasn't looking, the smile that spelled trouble. A few days later when they were reading together again in his room, he caught her looking again, and called her out on it.

"You've been acting weird lately," he stated bluntly, shutting his book with a snap and giving her an odd look. "Have you finally lost what little sense you had before?"

"Weird? How so?" she responded, brushing off the insult and trying to keep her voice light and surprised. Despite her best attempts, however, the smile on her face definitely wasn't entirely innocent. She could feel the edges curling up, cat-like.

Rising from his cushion, he took a few steps to kneel directly before her, forest green eyes searching her face for a hint as to what she was thinking as he tilted her head up with a finger beneath her chin. "You're staring at me a lot. Did I do something?"

She smiled at the concern in his voice, leaning into his touch as she answered, "No, I just like looking at you is all." That much was true, even if the real reason behind her lingering gazes was a little less than innocent. "Is it making you uncomfortable?"

A soft blush covered his fair cheeks as he averted his gaze, seating himself beside her as he reopened his book and grumbled, "If it was, I would have said something. Do whatever you want..."

Leaning her head against his shoulder, she let her gaze travel over the slope of his jaw and the adorable, embarrassed furrow in his brow. He was really too cute for his own good, so cute she almost felt guilty for the prank she was about to pull. Almost.

Finally, after a good week of waiting, her opportunity arose.

Archery practice was always full of little comments from Ieyasu on her form and skill (particularly the lack thereof) and today was no different. Months of practice and instruction from Ieyasu had made it possible for MC to hit center on the target, or at least close to it, fairly often, but for some reason her aim was just off today, every arrow she loosed hitting far from its intended mark.

"Fool, where are you aiming?" Ieyasu grunted after the latest arrow sailed into the bushes to join its seven previous brethren. "If I didn't know any better, I would say you were trying to miss."

"I'm just off today," she said sheepishly, frowning as she lowered the bow and scratched the back of her head with her free hand.

"Idiot, aren't you always off?" he said with a snort, taking the bow from her and putting it back on its rack as she rubbed her tingling fingers.

It happened in an instant. Even she didn't know it was coming until her hand moved seemingly on its own.

Ieyasu's fatal mistake was turning his back on her, expecting her to act as she usually did as he moved to saunter off down the hallway. Instead, her eyes dropped to her target, open and vulnerable to smacking.

Whereas she would have pouted at him or shot back with a comment of her own any other day, her hand was already in motion a split second after he turned around, some switch in her brain flipping to its newly installed butt-smacking mode. In an instant, she saw her opportunity and took it.

The surprised screech that left him as he jumped away was unlike any noise she had ever heard from him before. The kind of noise she might expect Wasabi to make if she surprised the little deer, it was vulnerable, high-pitched, and utterly adorable coming from Ieyasu.

Spinning around to face her, the wide-eyed, flustered expression on his red face as his jaw opened and closed was too perfect not for her to burst into laughter, doubling over as uncontrollable giggles wracked her body.

"S-Stop laughing! You little-!" Realization dawned on his face as he sputtered, a single smack to his rear rendering him at a loss for words. "Was that what you were planning this whole time?!"

That just made her laugh even harder, collapsing to the wooden floor as his face reddened even further. "I...I'm sorry, Ieyasu! I couldn't help myself!" A moment later a surprised yelp left her lips as she was hoisted off her feet, her vision filled with Ieyasu's upset face as he held her in his arms. Shooting him a smirk through her giggles, MC bopped him on the nose with her finger. "Guess you'll think twice before teasing me again, huh?"

"You-! Don't you dare mention this to anyone!" he growled, it's threatening edge put off by his blush as he began carrying her down the hallway.

"Where are we going?" she asked, blinking as he stubbornly turned his gaze away from hers.

"Punishment," was all he said, and even though he kept his eyes straight ahead, the heat in them was unmistakable. It was her turn to be embarrassed as she hid her heated cheeks against her lover's collar, listening to the pounding of his heart in her ear.

Of all the ways she had expected this to go, Ieyasu being turned on was not one of them. Maybe, just maybe, she had bitten off more than she could chew?

...On second thought, nah~

A/N: So apparently this is going to be a series now?? My next butt-smacking victims are Motonari and Mitsuhide.:3

My ko-fi: ko-fi.com/lordsister (please consider donating if you enjoy my work!^^)