Chapter 8 - Past part one

You took a step back. You had just finished your most recent creation. It was well past midnight and everyone else had left hours ago.   

"The T-1000." You said out load. It wasn't on at the moment, because it was downloading it's visual looks. Once finished, it would awake, and wait for you, as you had programmed it to.  

"You will help many humans." You said and walked out of your lab, which only you could get into as you were the lead for the T-800 series and the soon to be T-1000 series. You had created the T-1000 to help people in need and had made them in secret. Right now, this T-1000 is the first of many. You locked up and turned, seeing Kat and John. You jumped. 

"You scared me." you said, laughing a bit but Kat and John didn't even smile. you smile faded. 

"You guys OK?" You asked. Kat took a step forward. 

"(y/n), You need to stop working with Skynet." Kat said. You rolled your eyes. 

"Listen Kat, I told you. John destroyed withing. The things we make, that I make, are good." You said. Kat and John have been hounding you the past few months about your work. 

"(y/n), please." Kat said. You sighed. When Kat and John got married, you were happy, but still sad. You had found no one yet but they did give you an idea. What if you made something that could help everyone. 

"Kat, come to my job tomorrow, you too John and I will show you what I made. You will see that we are not bad." You said and held up a finger. 

"Hold on." You said, walking back in and grabbed two passes. You closed and locked the door and gave them to Kat. 

"Here. Passes for tomorrow. You can come as my guests. Meet me hear at 7am and i will show you the whole facility before anyone arrives at 10am." You said. Kat and John looked at each other. 

"Please. For me?" You said sweetly. Kat looked at you and nodded. 

"Alright." Kat said. you smiled and hugged her. 

"Great, now I have to go home and cook. Do you both want to come over?" You aksed. john shook his head. 

"No, it's OK. See you tomorrow." John said and took Kats hand and left. You waved and walked to your car. you drove home and made a small meal, but you couldn't stop thinking about how Kat and John will now fully except you and your work. You slept well that night and woke to a knock on your door. You groaned but stood and looked out the peep hole, seeing Kat. you opened the door.

"Hi Kat." You said. She smiled. 

"Hey, lets get breakfast, just you and me before we go and pick up John and see your work." Kat said. Your smile was and ear to ear grin. 

"Alright, let me get dressed, wait in the living room." You said, running to get dressed. You put on a normal outfit before grabbing your badge, phone and purse. You ran back and saw Kat smiling and walked out with her, locking your door.

"OK, lets go." You said, looking at the time. It was now 6:15am. You had and alarm for 6:30, but you turned it off. 

"Alright, the usual place?" Kat asked. You nodded, driving there. Once you got your coffee and something to eat, you sat with Kat. 

"So, exited?" You asked Kat. She nodded, but you saw it was forced. you frowned. 

"Kat. It will be OK." You said. Kat sighed. 

"I know, but (y/n), the history with them." Kat said. You shook you head. 

"And I'm going to change that! How many times do I have to tell you." You said. You then felt your phone vidrate. You too your phone outof your pocket, seeing it was your cowarking. 

"Sorry Kat, hold one." You said, standing and answered the phone.

"Hey Sam whats...What?...What!...What!" you yelled, hanging up and grabbed your purse. 

"Kat we have to go now!" you said, grabbed her by the hand and running to your car. 

"Whats going on?" Kat asked as she got in. You got in and started to drive. 

"Someone started a fire at my facility. My coworker Sam was heading in early as she forgot something and saw the raging fire." You said, pulling into the facility and parked a bit away, next to Sam who was on the phone with what you assumed the fire department. You got out of your car, but when you  did, the Facility blew. You were flung back, hitting the ground. You weren't close, but the explosion was powerful. The car door took most of the impacted. You looked to see that Kat was OK because she stayed in the car and when you looked at Sam, she was bleeding from the head. 

"Sam!" You yelled, Getting up and running over to her but saw that the force had knocked her down hard. Fire and Police were coming now. you waved down one of them and looked over, Seeing that Kat was now gone. 

"Kat?" You whispered but didn't have time as the police waved for an ambulance.