6. Hidden Spy, Strange New Servant

Zacharia narrowed his eyes at the King's words. Archer, who was by Zacharia's side, stifled a laugh, knowing why his young lord felt offended.

"Your highness, I would like to thank you on behalf of Lord Zacharia for the warm welcome. However, please treat my Lord with more respect."

The servant stared at the King with sharp eyes and a cold smile, causing him to shudder before flashing them a forced smile.

"Of course, please forgive me for my rudeness, Lord Zacharia. General Alejandro and his wife will be arriving shortly, so take a seat until then."

Just as Zacharia sat down at the table, Alejandro and Nikola strode in. Alejandro's dark blue eyes observed his surroundings in envy and greed as he observed the precious room as his wife completely ignored the expensive artifacts and simply focused her attention on the people present.

The couple reached the King and bowed in reverence. Then, Nikola spoke without skipping a beat, "My King, Lord Zacharia, we made sure that no one was aware of this meeting."

Nodding, the King gestured them to sit at the table before his expression turned serious. He scratched his scruffy beard before letting out a sigh.

"Let's head straight to the point. As we already know, a spy is running amock. Currently, the only information I hold is that this spy is a great danger to both Zatheusyl and Xestal. We have no idea what his intentions may be. This is the reason why I have contacted Arthur Ace. However,"

The King stared at Zacharia before sighing once more. "Arthur Ace hasn't given us much to work with. The only help he has provided has been sending his son to aid us in the investigation. Other than that, we don't have much."

After the King expressed his thoughts, Alejandro observed the little lord while feeling exasperated. How could Arthur, such a powerful and feared person send this young man as help?! It was clear that Arthur believed himself to be on a whole other level than the rest of them. How could such a young kid be of any help? If anything, this little lord will drag them down!

"My King, please forgive my rudeness, but will this boy even be of any help? Wouldn't he just drag us down?"

The King stared at General Alejandro, feeling fortunate that he wasn't the only one that thought this way. Nikola, on the other hand, glared at the two men without hesitation and opened her mouth, preparing to speak her mind.

"Are you listening to yourself? Not only is this the son of a powerful man, but it is clear to see that Lord Zacharia has potential. Did you forget that, when I was about his age, I could easily overpower most of the strongest men in the army?" she said before turning to look at Zacharia and flashed him an apologetic smile.

"Please forgive my husband. He has already forgotten his original roots."

General Alejandro sent Nikola a dirty stare, but she ignored him and kept smiling at the little lord. The King looked quite displeased at Nikola's outburst while Zacharia's lips curved up in amusement.

"There is nothing to forgive. Now, let us continue where we left off," said Zacharia in a bored tone. He couldn't waste any time dealing with these incompetent men. At least Nikola was straightforward and trustworthy...

Gazing at the people in the room, Zacharia spoke, "These last few days, I had been sending someone to observe every staff and member of the Pierce family. Because of this, I have reason to suspect Asher Pierce might be working with the spy."

Hearing her precious son's name, Nikola immediately responded in a cold, sharp tone. "Your proof?"

Zacharia stood up from his seat as he walked around the room. Touching the rim of an expensive vase, he replied, "While I know it is hard for Miss Nikola to hear that her youngest son might be involved with the enemy, you must know that I do not say things without researching for evidence,"