30. History Class (3)

"What the fuck is going on with your body?"

Aziel had asked in a joking tone, but Asher had thought deeply about the answer to that question. Everything that happened to him seemed to be affecting his life in some inexplicable ways, and he can't help but feel as if there's a deeper meaning to everything. Transmigrating into this world, changing lives, and merging his soul. Those were things that wouldn't have happened if the current Asher hadn't come to be.

Above everything else, Asher felt confused. Why was he given another chance after having died two times already? Why him, of all people? Someone who was so weak that the people around him had to make sure no harm would befall him?

Asher sighed and massaged his head. It doesn't matter how long he degrades himself or ponders over different ideas as to why he even exists, there was absolutely no way that he would find an answer right now.

Aziel stared at him in worry. He had no idea that the question he had asked half-jokingly and half-serious would cause such an effect on Asher. Aziel placed his hands on Asher's shoulders and softly talked to him to pacify his anxiousness.

"Hey, hey, you don't actually have to answer the question. I mostly said it as a joke."

Hearing this, Asher calmed down to some degree. He wanted to know the reason being his coming here, but it wouldn't be possible to find everything out now.

Asher stepped out of the bed he was lying on and turned around to look at Aziel. His long, white hair had been slightly messed up because of their rushing to the infirmary. It made him appear younger and more naïve.

"Are we going back to class?"

"Yep, let's hurry. Pithos, follow me."

"W-wait! I don't want to go back! Prof. Smickle is a bastard and he really freaks me out!"

"Well too bad for you," Asher laughed as he left the infirmary.

Aziel stumbled trying to catch up to Asher and grimaced while thinking about having to go back to history class. "Didn't your energy get sapped?"

Asher nodded. Pithos meowed as he asked Asher with his gaze about what had happened while he was gone. The boy shook his head and signaled a 'not now' with his expression.

"If we don't take it then we would've wasted our time. I prefer taking what's left of the class than have to take it some other day."

"Why don't we just skip class?"

Asher stared at Aziel with wide eyes. "Skip class and then what? How are we supposed to retrieve the lost material?"

Aziel sighed and noticed that his hair was all messed up, so he let his hair loose. Being completely truthful, Aziel looked like an angel. His white locks softly fell against his back. His round eyes were so full of life and had colors that resembled the most beautiful sunset imaginable. The sun was hitting his face, giving his creamy complexion a warm feeling to it. And although he wasn't smiling right now, Asher couldn't help but imagine how this incomplete scene would've been if Aziel were to display his pearly whites. Simply dazzling.

Asher was taken aback by Aziel's sudden charm. He had completely ignored his surroundings and blanked out while staring at Aziel.

Aziel was now retying his hair after failing to do so the first two times. He twirled around and swayed his hair before laughing. "Does it look okay?"

Asher smiled. "It does."

The two of them smiled at each other, both of them unaware as to what Asher had just felt. Needless to say, Asher pushed those thoughts and feelings aside before continuing their previous conversation.