7. Black Feline

Asher walked through the desolate hallways as soft and almost unnoticeable footsteps echoed behind him. His eyes secretly glanced at the man that had been following him for the last couple of minutes in annoyance. Doesn't this guy have something better to do? Why must he only follow him?

Sighing in discontent, Asher stopped walking abruptly and turned to glare at Archer. His dark blue eyes shone with annoyance and displeasure as he stared into Archer's silver eyes.

"Can you please stop following me everywhere? You're making me uncomfortable," he stated bluntly before turning and walking away, his pace much quicker than before. Surely, after Asher's sharp words this servant would stop bothering him and go do something else.

Archer's lips curled into a mysterious smile as he nodded in compliance. Despite this, he still followed Asher closely behind not bothering about the young master's orders.

Seeing as Archer didn't plan on stopping, Asher's breath quickened. His heart pounded harder and faster as Archer gazed at the young master, mystery shrouding his entire being. This servant was going to be the cause of Asher's in-coming panic attack.

Not being able to control his feeling any longer, Asher randomly dived into an empty room before swiftly closing and locking the door. The young boy leaned his back against the cool door and wrapped his arms around his knees to protect his feelings from going haywire.

Archer's sharp and analyzing gaze quickly took notice of the young master's discomfort, making him want to tease the younger boy. However, he didn't expect Asher to act so rashly and disappear into the closest available room. Knocking softly against the door, Archer's voice rang out.

"Young Master Asher, are you okay? Please open the door."

Asher, who was taking big breaths to calm himself down cursed at himself. In his past life, he never had anyone follow him so closely or observing his every move. Actually, he used to be the one observing everyone while feeling envious. Even if Asher was mentally a full-grown man, there are many feelings and situations he has yet to encounter, making him feel helpless and afraid.

Seeing as Asher had been quiet for one too many minutes, Archer was prepared to force the door open with his strength. This mission was a determinant factor on his Lord Zacharia's life, so he wouldn't dare let anything happen to Asher on his watch. Right when Archer was about to forcibly open the door, a soft voice was heard inside the room.

"Archer, please allow me to be alone for just a few hours. I know you're trying to do your job, but you are causing me to panic."

Asher's words were laced with confusion, alarm, and pure fear. Even Archer couldn't help but frown slightly at the boy's helpless voice. Archer wanted to protect this young master because Asher could potentially save Lord Zacharia's life. However, he couldn't do so if the boy was wary of him.

The servant sighed in regret and frustration before apologizing. "Please forgive this servant, Young Master Asher. I was ignorant of your feelings. I will come to pick you up in a few hours."

Finally feeling the threat disappear, Asher could fully calm down. His arms relaxed and loosened its hold on his knees as he finally became aware of his surroundings. The only thing present in the room was a medium-sized bed and a glass door that separated the room from the small balcony.

Standing up made Asher realize just how much energy had been sucked away from him. First, he had informed himself briefly about his family and the world he was currently living in. Then, his father notified them about a spy that was on the loose and that a new servant would be taking care of Asher since Zara had to take care of a family emergency. Despite the new servant's good-looks, the way he just treated him made him think poorly of Archer.