Getting Better

Louis has been here for two weeks now and he is actually helping with Nikolai. Nikolai hasn't been his usual self, he's been helping me around the house and going to school. He has also been hang out with some new friends. I'm so glad that Louis came to help, it could have been worse than we were when he showed up. I was sitting in the living room on my laptop, writing. I have always loved writing every since I was younger. I had to put it on hold when I had Nikolai, and now that he's getting better I can work on it again. Not even ten minutes into my writing the door bell rung.

  "I wonder who that could be?" I thought a loud to myself. I opened the door to find Ryan.

  "How are you doing, Poppy?" Ryan asked

  "I'm doing good."

  "I thought I would come by and see how things are going."

  "It's going really good. Nikolai has going to school and helping me around the house. He has been a really good kid, these last two weeks." I told Ryan leaning against my door frame.

  "I'm glad that he's doing better."

  "Is that all you came here for?"

  "No, wanted to see if you wanted to go on a date sometime?"

  "Ryan, I don't think that's a good idea."

  "Is it because of Louis?"

  "This has nothing to do with Louis." I told him.

  "What has nothing to do with me?" Louis asked walking up.

  "I get it, Poppy. I'll see you guys around." Ryan said leaving.

  "What was that about?" Louis asked walking into the house.

  "You remember how jealous Ryan was when we got together all those years ago, lets just say he never stopped trying." I told him sitting on the couch next to Louis.

   "So, how has Nik been the last few days?"

  "He's been doing really good. Going to school and all that!" I told him proud of our son.

  "Where is he at now?"

  "He made some new friends and he's out with them. I think he even has a girlfriend."

  "Should we be worried about him at all?"

  "I think he will be fine. He hasn't been acting like he did when he was twelve. I think he's realized that he needs to change."

  "I hope so."

  "ME too." I told him.

  "Have you even been out on a date since I left?"

  "No, I don't really care to go out."

  "Why? Your so beautiful and any man would be lucky to have you." Louis said looking at me.

  "Well, when you have a kid at a young age and who is always in trouble, nobody wants you." I told him.

  "Ryan wants you."

  "Ryan is also my friend and I don't date friends."

  "You dated me."

  "And you see where that got me." I told him.

  "You haven't changed one bit."

  "Neither have you, Louis."

  "I'm glad you think so."

  "Your the same Louis that I fell in love with sixteen years ago." I told him, putting my hand on his.

  "And your the same Poppy, that I fell in love with." Louis said taking my hand in his. I was staring into his eyes, the same hazel eyes I fell in love with. I remember staring into those eyes so many times. Even when he was gone, my love still grew for him. We started leaning our heads closer to each other. Louis lips met mine and I kissed him back. It felt like the first time we kissed. I don't know what came over us, we started a little make out session on the couch. The last time I kissed a man was when Louis left for the X-Factor all them years ago.

  "I've missed you, Poppy" Louis stopped long enough to tell me that. Louis moved his lips to my neck.

  "I've missed you too, Louis." I said running my fingers through his hair. His hands were place on my hips, at the bottom of my shirt.

  "You want to go to the bedroom?" Louis asked kissed right behind my ear. I got up and grabbed his hand, I lead him into my room. You could probably guess what happened.

                     THE NEXT DAY!

   I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing. I reached over to my bed side table to grab my phone.

  "Hello?" I asked answering the phone.

  "Poppy?"

  "Yes, Ryan?" I asked sitting up, trying not to wake up Louis.

  "I need to tell you something really important."

  "What is it Ryan?"

  "I just wanted to let you know I caught Nikolai with Kelsey Webber."

  "Where did you catch them at?"

  "You remember the hill?"

  "The one where teens go to do the dirty. Yes, I remember it well."

  "I'm just letting you know incase she ends up pregnant."

  "Really, you just had to call me didn't you. Just because I got pregnant at sixteen doesn't mean a damn thing, Ryan. Why don't you do your fucking job, instead of worrying about my son or me. Better yet don't even talk to me anymore." I yelled and I'm pretty sure I woke Louis up.

  "But Po-" He didn't get to say anything else as I ended the call.

  "What was that about?" Louis asked sitting up and wiping sleep out of his eyes.

  "Just Ryan putting me down cause I got pregnant at sixteen." I said letting a tear fall from my eye.

  "Don't listen to that jackass." he said taking me in his arms and kissing my lips. I kissed him back harder, running my hands up his shirtless chest. Louis had his hands on my bare sides pulling me closer to him. He pulled me onto his lap, he started kissing down my neck. I was tugging on his hair, and quietly moaning in his ear. I guessing Louis had enough and flipped us over where he was on top of me. You can guess what else we did.

  After we got done having some 'fun', I went into the kitchen to make us breakfast. I heard the front door open and then saw Nikolai walk in.

  "How was your night?" I asked him.

  "It was good, and no I didn't do any drugs or drank anything but pop."

  "I didn't ask."

  "I know you didn't, but I know that your worried about me."

  "I will always be worried about you. You're my son." I told him, giving him a hug. "Do you have school today?"

  "Yeah, I was going to go get ready, then eat breakfast."

  "Okay, I think your dad is in the bathroom."

  "Alright, I'll knock first." Nikolai left the room, and left me to my cooking. I love how nice that sounds. A mom, dad, and a son, I just love this idea of being a family. I wish it could be like this all the time.

  "Hey, what are you cooking?" Louis asked walking into the room.

  "Beacon, eggs, and toast." I told him finishing the eggs up.

  "Well, it smells good." He said giving me a light kiss on the lips. We sat down and ate breakfast as a family, Nikolai, Louis, and I. I love this feeling of having a family! Now only if it lasts!