Chapter 16 - Information

Malaina's POV

"Adriano, hi. What are you doing here?" I say chuckling nervously. Not saying anything, Adriano then stares back at me with an intensity that I could not decipher. Because of his uneasy staring, my face begins to heaten up with different shades of red and pink.

What is wrong with me? Am I blushing? Oh god, I have to get out of here.

"Um, we're gonna go. We have that thing, I just remembered." Bella speaks up giving Sofía a nervous glance. "Right Sof?"

"Huh?" She says after Bella nudged her. "I mean yea." She says glancing at Bella in confusion.

Looking at Bella, I give her pleading eyes.

Don't leave me here by myself!

"Great. Lets go." Giving me an apologetic face, Bella grabs Sofía and they practically run out of the kitchen.

Giving Adriano a lopsided grin, I run out the kitchen and up the stairs to the hallway.

"Tes-" I hear him call after me but I'm already gone.

"That was a close one" I say releasing a ugly breath of relief while leaning against the wall in the hallway.

"What's wrong with you?" I hear an voice say from right behind me.

Swinging out my fist in fright, my fist makes contact with someone's nose. Causing the person to release the loudest yell. "Aahhhh"

"Ow! Why the hell did you punch me? You broke my fucking nose!" He shouts.

"Luca?" I ask in shock.

"Yes it's me!" Looking at me in pain, he holds onto his nose that's starting to bleed profusely.

"I'm sorry! You scared me!" I reply defending myself.

"So you break my damn nose?" He's got a point.

"What did you think was going to happen? You should've announced yourself!"

"I didn't think you were gonna fucking hit me, Laina!"

"I said I was sorry!" Taking a hold of his bloody hand, I take look at his nose. "Here let me help you" Damn. I socked him good. I'm impressed with myself.

"No it's fine. I can handle it. Thanks anyway" Pushing away at my hands, he tries to walk away. Pulling him back, I try to pull him to me.

"No, really! It's fine. Follow me"

"Will you hit me again if I follow you?" He says giving me a look of uncertainty.

"No! Now let's go."

Walking in sync, we walk straight into my bathroom. Pushing him down onto the toilet seat, I reach under the sink and pull out the first aid kit from out.

"Here let me see," Grabbing his chin, I lightly dab some of the blood off his face making sure to avoid hitting his now crooked nose. "I really packed a punch" I say chuckling.

"Yea, no shit"

"Sorry" I say apologizing again for the 20th time.

We didn't talk for a good 5 mins. All you could hear was the sounds of his groans and hisses and my whispers of "I'm sorry" resonating off the bathroom walls. "So where have you been? I haven't seen you in quite sometime." I ask him, now noticing his absence in the last few weeks.

"I've been busy." He replies dryly.

"You've been gone the entire time I've been here."

"Not true. I was here your first day." He says defensively.