Chapter 18 - Karate Moves

Malaina's POV

After hearing the gun shots, we sprinted across the hill over to where the guys went.

We watch as the guys drew their guns, pointing them at Roman, who as well as 40 other guys pointed their guns in Adriano's direction.

"We have to get down there, we might have an all out brawl happen down there." Cèsar shouts.

"You mean we have to fight?!" I panicked.

"Maybe." He says nodding his head. "Be prepared just in case."

"But-" I began but I'm interrupted by Cèsar yelling,

"Let's go!"

Running down the hill, we watch as Romans guys start sprinting towards Adriano and the guys, fist swinging in the process.

Oh shit!

Seeing this, Sofía, Bella, and Cèsar run down the hill guns raised and firing at anything moving. Still standing on the hill like a dumbass, my mouth gapes open at the situation I'm in now. I've never been in a gun fight, let alone a fist fight.

Praying to god, that all 12 years of military combat my dad forced on me and gymnastics kick in before I run down there.

Not knowing exactly where to go, I run down the hill. Taking a look at my surroundings, I run to the nearest person fighting in front of me. It was Enzo, of course. The bad guy had Enzo by the throat. Running up behind the bad guy, I punch him in his ribs disorientating him. Enzo takes that as a weakness, moving from under his arms, he knocks the bad guy's head against the giant brick wall next us.

"What the hell? Malaina?!" He shouts.

His yelling causes the attention of two other guys. Watching the guys, I run towards one of them swiftly jumping onto his leg. Throwing my legs over his shoulders, I swing my body causing him to flip over onto his back in agony. Swinging onto the other guy, I jump onto him making sure not to hit the ground, turning my body with all my weight, I throw him onto the ground.

"What the fuck was that?!!" Enzo shouts in amazement.

Blowing out a puff of air, I turn to Enzo with a smile, "Sorry you had to see that. I haven't done anything like that in 4 months. Kind of knocked the breath out of me"

"When did you learn to do that?" He asked, grasping my arm when we heard gun shots go off.

"My dad was in the military. He forced me to train so I could protect myself. I'm glad I did, it's actually starting to come in handy" I say pushing him into the wall as a guy came barreling towards us. Swinging his arm at me, I block it quickly kicking him in his side. Sliding onto the ground, I kick his feet from under him, knocking him out instantly.

 Sliding onto the ground, I kick his feet from under him, knocking him out instantly