Chapter 25 - War

Malaina POV

"How are you feeling?" Sofía asks me once she and Bella walked into the hospital room I've currently been residing in for 2 days.

I give her a nervous smile, "I'm okay." I lied.

I'm not fucking okay! I'm pregnant!

"You scared us passing out like that you know?" Bella states looking at me in concern.

"I'm sorry." I tell her as she sits on my bed.

"It's fine. But do you know why you passed out?" She asks. "I asked Gabby but she told me I should ask you myself."

"Um." I tell her, trying to look everywhere else but at her face. "Well, you see what had happened was..." I trail off.

"Mal" She snaps giving me a blank face expression.

"Ok, fine! I was stressed and dehydrated. I guess everything that's been happening in the last few days took a toll on me." Releasing a sigh, I look at her apprehensively.

"Oh, well why didn't you just say so?" Sofía chuckles from the door way.

Walking more into the room, she takes seat in the arm chair across from my bed.

"Yea, that's not bad. We just have to make sure you stay hydrated." Bella continues.

"Yea. That's not all." I tell them, setting my shaking hands on my lap.

"Not all?" Bella states in confusion. Looking at her face, I don't miss the subtle glance she gives Sofía before she turns back to me.

"Yea, see not only am I stressed and dehydrated but-"

"But what?" Sofía shoots off rudely interrupting me.

"Jeez can you let the girl talk?" Bella tells Sofía in annoyance.

Leaning back in her chair, she gestures for me to continue. "I'm sorry. You were saying?"

"I'm pregnant." I tell him, nervously fidgeting my fingers.

"YES!! Pay up bitch!" Bella suddenly shouts, throwing her hand out to Sofía.

Looking up in fright, I watch Bella do a small victory dance.

"Damnit." Sofía swears pulling out a thick wad of cash from her back pocket.

What the hell?

"Wait, you guys made a bet to see if I was pregnant or not? Why would you guys do that?" I shout in shock.

Stuffing the money in her bra, she looks at me with the biggest smile in the world. "At first it was a theory."

"Yea, you were complaining about your boobs hurting." Sofía chimes in, coming closer to the bed.

"That's doesn't mean I'm pregnant!" I shriek.

"Then you started complaining about cramps and having to pee a lot."

"So?" I say, my upper lip curling in disdain.

"Those are symptoms of pregnancy!" Bella adds pointing a finger in my face.

Smacking her hand out of my face, I try to reason with her. "That still doesn't mean I could be pregnant, I could've had a bladder infection."

"But you don't so." Sofía says sassily.

Bella then walks over to one of the machines I'm connected to and begins tapping on it. "Also our trip to Rome furthermore confirmed our suspicions. Once you started throwing up, we made a bet."