Chapter seven

Third person POV

Every single avenger sat at the long table, besides black panther and captain marvel.

The lot of them had agreed to do it softly, but Tony knew peter wouldn't like it. He had to say it normally so he wouldn't panic. So it wouldn't happen again.

"Peter we're pretty sure you have split personality disorder." Tony said before anyone else could speak first.

"Yeah." Peter said, nodding for him to carry on.

"Wait? What do you mean 'yeah'?" Banner scrunched up his face.

"Is that all you had to say?" Peter frowned laughing a little.

"Why are you laughing?" Nat said.

Cap looked at Tony, "is one of his personalities you? You laugh at the wrong times." He said

"Not the time for jokes." Tony whispered.

"Not a joke."

"I'm not in one of my 'other personalities'" Peter sighed, laughing at the end again.

"You need to explain." Thor demanded

"I do have split personality. I thought you guys knew. I was diagnosed when I was 8. I had therapy until I became spiderman." He spoke nicely and open.

"We're gonna need to know everything." Cap said.

"Well, you guys know my parents died, well it's trauma from that that caused it. I'd come home from school and not remember it. My teachers would call my aunt and tell her I'd been in fights and Been hurting other kids." He said, he was thinking whether he should be interactive or just- tell them.

When he paused and no one spoke, he just went on and on. "After a year of these calls and me not remembering anything, my aunt and uncle said they finally saw this side of me. I was 6. I woke up from what I thought was a nap, to my aunt may crying and my uncle Ben holding her. I don't know what happened, they never told me. They picked my up, put me in their car and took me to a psychiatric hospital." Peter took a deep breath, knowing what he was about to confront. He hasn't thought about it since it happened.

"I was kept in a padded cell on my own for 3 months. They didn't know what was wrong with me, they had only seen my as a kid not this horrible boy. My aunt may and uncle Ben didn't see me for 4 months, not even for my seventh birthday. My teacher made a statement against me, keeping me in there. Finally after 3 more months, they say that I turned on them, they said that I had this look about me, like there was something dark inside me. They never told me what I did, I never remembered. But I'd constantly go to sleep and not know whether I really had. 2 months after the 'incident' they worked out that I had a split personality. They kept me in to assess how much of a threat I was. I was in there for 4 more months. I came out when I was 8, I had to homeschool until they were sure I wasn't a danger to civilisation." Peter sounded like he'd finished, the avengers looked confused, saddened and speechless.

"I really thought it had stopped, I just assumed that when that spider bit me, and fixed my vision, body stature, speed and more. It fixed my mental issue aswell. Now, well, now I don't know when I'm sleeping and when I'm trying to kill you." He said as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Peter had something he had to ask, "Do you want the suit back, Mr. Stark?"

Tony's eyes widened as he shook his head. "No peter. We're just gonna have to...keep it in mind."

A few hours later
-

Peter was struggling to sleep, what he wanted was a hug, he didn't care who from. He just needed it.

angel wanted to talk to peter and make sure he was alright, she took a deep breath before knocking on his door. "Come in." He said grumpily.

"Hey." Angel smiled subtly, he sat up and looked at her, surprised.

"Can I ask you something?" He whispered, gesturing for her to sit down.

"Yeah, course." She smiled, closing the door and taking a seat next to him.

"What did I do to you? The other day." He pursed his lips waiting for an answer.

"You webbed me and I found out you cant teleport from webs. You asked me why I left, and when I answered you said I was lying and you kept asking. And not believing my answers and then you grabbed my arm and then the guys came in." Angel explained slowly.

"Were you lying?"

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry." Peter looked down.

"It's okay, it wasn't really you." Angel compromised.

"Angel should I submit myself?"

"What do you mean?"

"Should I go back to the mental hospital?" Peter looked so sad.

"No. Peter, this thing will go away. You have to believe. It will ALL be okay, peter." Angel encouraged. Deep down she knew it would be.

Peter raised his head trying to force a smile but he couldn't help breaking down. He shuffled into the corner and buried his head into his knees, sniffling.

Angel rushed out and looked for her dad, quickly locating him, "Dad, it's peter. He needs you. He's in his room." She smiled sadly as her dad gave her a thankful look and rushed off to see peter.

It's coming up to the anniversary of his parents' death, and this relapse. He needed solidity.

"peter, are you alright?" Tony said poking his head round the door, he noticed peter curled up in the corner sniffing occasionally.

Tony slowly made his way over and sat next to peter where angel had been. "Hey kid. You alright?" He said.

Peter raised his head from his knees, and as soon as he locked eyes with Tony, he hugged him like there was no tomorrow. Hell of a grip. Tony thought to himself, but he just hugged peter back. Because he knew it's what he needed