Chapter Thirty Two

You slipped out of your leather jacket slowly, pulling off your black clothes and dumping them in your washing machine one by one, save for the jacket and helmet. You leaned your bat against the wall as you changed into clean clothes. It was date night. Your last date before Cinder flew back to Haven. If you were lucky she would qualify for the Vytal festival and you could see her again then. You pulled black slacks and suspenders on, followed shortly by a pair of engineer boots. You then moved onto a (F/C) button up shirt which matched your cloak, the last article of clothing you put on. You tucked your shirt in and slipped your suspenders before you heard a light clapping.

  "Well, don't you look nice," Cinder said.

  "How long have you been standing there?" you asked.

  "Long enough to enjoy the show~" Cinder responded before pulling you into a kiss. She was dressed in the same black dress from your last date.

  "I think it would be more of a show if it were getting taken off," you responded, grabbing Qrow's tie off of your dresser. Cinder quickly took it from you, tying it for you.

  "Well, I imagine I'll get to see that later," she said with a wink before releasing your neck, "shall we?"

  The restaurant was much more upscale than you had ever experienced. There were literal carved arches in the ceiling, as well as stained glass windows that made the interior look more like a church than an actual restaurant.

  "Cinder, honey," you said.

  "Hmm?" Cinder responded.

  "Why does this place look like a church?" You asked.

  "Because it used to be," Cinder said as she slipped her arm through yours, "once the church closed down they made it into a hybrid restaurant slash bar, after the current owners bought it."

  "Oh, okay," you said.

  "May I see your reservation?" the waiter at the front desk asked you. The waiter was a tiny five foot four man with dark hair and a pair of thin rectangular glasses. That, combined with the standard waiter attire gave off a very 'sexy librarian' vibe. "Sir?" The waiter asked.

  "Oh, right, of course," you said as you pulled out your scroll and showed your reservation.

  "Right this way please," the waiter said as he picked up two menus and walked you and Cinder to a booth.

  "Can I get you something to drink for starters?" the waiter asked.

  "Whiskey. Neat," You said.

  "Red wine for me," Cinder added.

  "I'll have those right out for you," the waiter said. You snuck a momentary glance at his rear as he walked away. As you turned your attention back to Cinder you saw a smirk creeping onto Cinder's face.

  "Why are you smiling like that? You look suspiciously like the cat who swallowed the pigeon," you asked.

  "Canary," Cinder replied.

  "What?" You asked, confused.

  "I look like the cat that swallowed the canary," Cinder added.

  "I once had a very large cat, but that's not my point. My point is why are you smirking?" You clarified, a smile creeping onto your own lips.

"You were watching him. With great interest, I might add. In fact I believe you were enraptured," Cinder said.

  "I... I'm sorry," You quickly apologized.