Poems!

I hesitantly say yes to Monika's request. "Yeah, sure." We exchange the papers from our hands, reading over the poem.

"Is this the one you were writing earlier?" Monika says, glancing at the paper once more. "I, uh, didn't have time this morning." I reply with a smile on my face for reassurance.

"It's really good! I like it." She exclaims.

No she doesn't.

Can you please shut up for once?

I look at Monika's poem.

Time accelerates, wasting my precious years of youth.

The memories fade from everyone's minds, never to be seen again. They don't exist anymore, they never did.

It was all a dream.

I'm waking up, the years of my life becoming duller.

I'm waking up.

"I like yours a lot too!" I say, genuinely. Monika zones out for a moment, deep in thought. An unreadable expression then fills her face, it looks something like distress, or a revelation.

"Hey lovebirds! Stop eye-fucking and let us read your poems! We don't have all day!" A voice none other than Natsuki's booms across the clubroom.

"N-NATSUKI THAT IS COMPLETELY UNCALLED FOR!" A flustered Monika shouts back, all I could do was try not to explode in this situation. Sure, she may be my friend, but she is asking for it.

"Monika's right Natsuki, you shouldn't say things like that," Yuri says, "But that doesn't mean that Monika should shout so loud." Natsuki seems to be annoyed by this, anyone would think that, but ever since we had shared our crushes a few weeks ago, that clearly wasn't the case.