Ask

Shortly after sharing poems, everyone went to do their own thing. Natsuki, reading manga, Yuri, reading her book, and Sayori, well, doing her own thing. Though, I think I caught her stealing glances in my direction.

It's kind of cute, in a way, too.

I laugh quietly to myself at the thought. At a glance, Sayori seems like this happy, bubbly person. But I couldn't help but notice her slight change in mood.

Maybe she's just, well, who knows. I'll ask later.

~(0o0)~

As club comes to a close, I trudge over to Sayori. "Um, hey," I call out to her. She turns in response, a slight blush spreads across her face. "Do you, um, want to walk home together, I wanted to talk to you." She stops for a second, thinking. This was probably a bad id- "O-ok, sure." Interrupting my thoughts, she answers.

Natsuki whispers something to Yuri, causing the pair to laugh. It was probably about us, she always seems aware of my interactions with Sayori.

Sayori pov:

Holy shit.

My mind races with millions of outcomes and causes for her request. The most recurring one being if she actually likes me back, but I shut that one out the moment I realized how heartbroken I would be if that wasn't the case.

I only muttered out a measly 'okay sure' which I regretted the moment it slipped. In all of my dreams its like, 'I would love to' but it's way worse when talking in person, when you're not in control of the other's response.

Monika gracefully walked over to the door and stood, as if- oh, she's waiting for me. I started walking over to her. Then, "Have fun on your date~" An all too familiar voice whispers, just out of Monika's hearing range, leaving me flustered beyond belief as I finish my journey over to Monika.

"After you," Monika insists, opening the door and adding a hand gesture.

I walk out the door, then Monika follows.

"Since our homes just a block apart, I thought it would be a good idea to walk home together today, since your friend, uh, left."