8『The Beast』

chapter warnings. mentions of cannibalism.
+++++++++

"What's with the sudden silence?" Levi asked, raising an eyebrow, carefully eyeing the two. They were inexplicably quiet— an awkward silence could be noticed immediately.
Crossing his arms, Mike observed them in silence. [Name] was nervously looking at the floor with his hands playing, while Zeke frowned, lips pressed in a thin line. The doctor looked intimidating and stressed, thing that he deduced made [Name] in the state he was.
But before [Name] could give an answer, Zeke harshly beat him to it, "none of your business, Levi. [Name] and I are perfectly fine."
Levi smirked. It was obvious something had happened with the two— who knows what, but it certainly did. [Name] was a little far away from the blond doctor, unlike the other day when he was pretty close.
Seeing how distressed [Name] was, Mike tried to lighten the mood for him. Somehow, looking how his pretty face was so grim made him... upset; sad for him, and a certain anger for Zeke. Why did he make him this ashamed? He felt a urge to make him happy and protect him.
Standing next to the assistant, Mike smiled at him. "Let's go, [Name]. We have a free time right now." Walking, [Name] hastily followed beside him. The taller man didn't show it, but seeing the change of behavior from the assistant made him quite relieved.
While Mike and [Name] walked in front, the last two weren't a good pair. The blond looked miserable, while the ravenette was smirking and mocking the doctor.
"You fucked up, didn't you?"
"Nothing happened."
Levi let out a single chuckle. "You actually did. Congratulations, shitty-glasses number two. I was actually surprised how long he lasted looking so joyful." Levi loved mocking the blond doctor— seeing how miserable he looked was actually satisfying.
Zeke gritted his teeth in annoyance. Yes, the short man could be actually terrifying, but he was —just a little— forgetting his fear thanks to the current situation with his assistant. He won't confess it publicly, but he, indeed, fucked things up, and that made him bitter.
If only he wasn't that harsh...
No—! [Name] had to understand he could have been in danger. It was necessary talk.
While the blond doctor was deep in thought, Levi couldn't hide his smirk. "What? thinking about cleaning your shitty mess?"
Zeke grunted.
But with the other two...
"How did your session went yesterday?"
"It was... a little upsetting..." he played with his hands, "I couldn't stop feeling embarrassed! Reiner really is a pervert! Dr. Jaeger had to interrupt the session, it didn't go well..."
"Is that so?" he smiled, "It's just the beginning, [Name]. I have faith in you."
"Thank you! I'm really motivated to keep moving forward!"
"I'm glad to hear that. Learn from your mistakes, this is an never ending process." He squishes [Name]'s shoulder, "oh, and what did Reiner say to you? He can be... too much." He didn't want to show it, but he was worried for him. Doctors and nurses who go with Reiner don't have a good 'first time' with him— bad things can happen, even with security outside of the room.
Remembering the degenerative words from him made [Name] embarrassed once again, red painting his cheeks and shifted his gaze somewhere else but Mike. The taller man, seeing this, couldn't help but laugh in amusement.
This new worker looked adorable— just like a small kitten needed to be protected from the wolves.
Mike sensed a heavy feeling of protect— protect this little kitten from this place.
"I guess he was intense this time?"
"...it's better if you don't know..."
Zeke, seeing the two chatting so comfortable, angered him. Gritting his teeth and frowning, he couldn't silence a grunt.
The ravenette was loving the sight, thing that made it vocal.
"This is priceless— I'm loving every second of this." He smirked, "seeing you fucking this up is a good sight, beardshit."
The blond doctor ignored him, and called for his assistant. The named abruptly turned, returning to his nervousness— Mike's face coldly turned to see the blonde.
"We are going to our office. We have a lot things to do." Zeke strictly spoke, looking straight at [Name], who shivered a little by the icy glare. Before Zeke could grab his arm, Mike did it first, placing [Name] behind him. The blond angrily looked at Mike by the interruption, "Now what? [Name] and I have—"
"[Name] will go with me— actually, I think Erwin was calling for him." Mike said, not letting Zeke answer as he grabbed [Name]'s hand and hastily left, leaving the blond angry and jealous. [Name] clumsily waved at him in an apologetic manner.
The ravenette, who was amused by the show, stayed in silence with a small smirk. He left, leaving the blond alone in his misery.
"Just great. The fucking tree and shorty are in my way— just how many?"
+++++++++
"M–Mr. Smith was calling for me...?" [Name] shyly asks, scratching his cheek with his index finger.
Mike chuckles, "No— well, not yet."
The [hair color] haired male confusingly blinks. "Then why...?"
"The tension between Zeke and you is in the air." Levi quickly answered, watching carefully the [hair color] haired male.
Eyes widening, [Name] quickly denied such thing, moving his hands in front of him in denial. "N—Nothing happened! Everything is alright!"
"Bullshit. We are not stupid, brat."
"W—What?! I—I didn't mean that at all!"
Mike interjected. "If you don't want to tell is alright, we don't want to be noisy."
"Well then, I will be the one asking. What did shitbeard say? You look scared shitless by just being near him." Levi wanted to know— what did go wrong? The sudden change could be noticed.
"I-It's just he... No—" he corrected himself, "I did something stupid, that's all." [Name] rubbed his hands against each other, looking at the floor in shame.
Levi and Mike waited for [Name] to go on, but seeing as the assistant wasn't speaking, the ravenette grow impatient. "And? What did you do?"
It was his fault, right? He shouldn't have being choosing so freely. "I explored without his permission."
They blinked, not fully understanding.
"You... explored without permission?"
[Name] nodded, embarrassed.
"Did something happened?"
"Uhm— no, but he got angry because I could be in danger... he was... a little harsh..."
A sudden sense to protect him filled Mike once again. He wanted to hug him and comfort him; caressing every spot he could. The taller man decided [Name] had to be protected by any costs— from anybody and anywhere.
He had to be his protector.
"What did he tell you?" Levi crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow.
"Uhm..." The [hair color] haired didn't know if saying the truth would be the right thing— it was embarrassing remembering those things, and to spoke about it? "Just... the usual things."
Mike hums, Levi narrows his eyes in suspicion.
The ravenette sighed, "Well, if you don't want to talk about it, it's none of our business then."
[Name] nods, gaze locked on the floor.
"Anyways, who's it today?" Levi asked, changing the subject.
Blinking, [Name] tilted his head in confusion, "Uh— today...?"
"Patient, brat. Are you being an airhead on purpose or what is it with you?"
"Sorry! Uhm," the assistant hastily checks his notes, till he finds what he's looking for, "ah! Eren Jaeger." He blinks, "...Jaeger?!" He says the last name in surprise and amazement— the [hair color] haired male looks incredulously at the name.
"Zeke's brother..." Mike narrows his eyes. He's worried— he hasn't heard good things about nurses giving him doses lately. One of the last... didn't go well at all.
It looked like Levi was somehow worried too— his expression made it evident. In what he concerned, Eren acted as a beast in his outbursts. The ravenette wasn't sure if allowing [Name] to go was a good idea at all.
"I didn't know Dr. Jaeger had a brother here..."
"Now you do."
"Well, he didn't tell me about him..."
«Maybe because he is a fucking animal.» Levi thought, rubbing his temples. He didn't know why he was stressing out by just hearing who was [Name] meeting with. «Who is the fucking idiot doing his schedule?»
"When is your session?" Mike asks, hiding his worry.
"In... fifteen minutes. Maybe I should get going..."
Mike and Levi sweared mentally— just like [Name], they had somewhere else to be. None of them could accompany him, he had to go alone. That preoccupied them— something would go wrong, and the only backup he had was the incompetent guards outside the room.
"Look, [Name]," Mike tried to stay collected, but only a small frown was present on his face, "don't get near him, alright? Always stay a good distance away from him."
[Name] doesn't want to show the sudden anxiety he's feeling by hearing the taller man so worried. "I–Is he... dangerous?"
"Listen to him, brat. Don't act stupid and you will be fine— just, don't get near him."
Mike tries to comfort [Name] by placing a hand on his shoulder. The [hair color] haired relaxes a bit, letting out a sigh. He already knows something is up about this 'Eren', maybe he had attacked one of the workers before? Would he have handcuffs?
"Are you listening?" Levi loudly asks, catching [Name]'s attention.
[Name] answer with a nod, looking unsure. Levi grunts by seeing how thoughts the other is— but it seems that Mike is doing a good job calming him.
Levi doesn't pay attention, but something inside him tells him that he should have been the one comforting him, not the fucking tree.
"Alright. We have to go now, but please stay safe. Don't worry— but don't let your guard down either." Mike speaks, gently ruffling [Name]'s hair, looking softly at him. The assistant relax under his touch and nods.
Narrowing his eyes, the ravenette hawks Mike's expression and actions. He stays in silence, arms crossing. He waits until Mike stops and walks away, not before waving his hand. The ravenette take it as his que, and before he follows Mike, he turns to [Name].
"Good luck, brat. Don't do something stupid. See you later." He turns and walks away, not waiting for an answer. "...And take care."
"T—Thanks! Take care too!"
[Name] sighs, rubbing his neck. He's thankful for the help and comfort the two had given him— but he can't stop feeling worried about the upcoming session.
"Well... Let's go, I guess..."