11『dangerous』

"Wouldn't it be weird? I mean— being watched is awkward enough

"Wouldn't it be weird? I mean— being watched is awkward enough..." The assistant frowned, unsure about the task.

"We'll have our table not that far away from them." Mike knew [Name] would be really persistent with these subjects— he was too positive, too kind. That could develop a bigger problem in the future if they allowed it, and the taller man could already smell the trouble ahead.

He had to protect him before something happened.

"But still... wouldn't be better to socialize?"

"That would be problematic. You know how that could end, [Name]."

"Well—" He tried to object, but remembering all of the closeness he got with some of them came to his mind, shutting his hopes out. "I guess..." He wanted to rehabilitate them, help them reintegrate to society. Wasn't this the point of their job here? The assistant let out a defeated sigh at these thoughts.

"Hey," Mike gently ruffled his hair to take his attention and comfort him, showing a small smile, "small steps." [Name] blinked and relaxed his shoulders, nodding with his head and smiled. That was true— he can't just solve everything in a few weeks! After all, the sessions with the patients were just starting. There was plenty of time ahead!

The cafeteria was the next place they had to be— it was pretty simple, just watch and observe the patients. If they were lucky, no need to sedate them would be needed, if they behaved. Only the patients with good behavior lately were allowed in the cafeteria, but that didn't mean one of them couldn't control themselves and cause an scene. Mike told him not to worry too much— the blond explained he could smell patients' changes. [Name] just blinked at that statement.

The doors were already open wide. Plenty of patients were chatting, others didn't. The table where doctors were was noticeable— their white coats and clipboards gave it away, along with the harsh gaze they wore. The two headed that way, not before [Name] saying a cheerful 'good morning!' to the patients he passed, receiving some weird looks from them, but with his' patients they almost got hearts in their eyes (only Armin and Bertholdt, tho). The others smirked, eyeing him from head to toe.

Most of his patients were already there. After all, the bell had already been heard and lateness wasn't allowed. (Un)fortunately, one certain patient was missing— Eren Jaeger. Mike had explained the little ruckus he had done had cost him his permission to go into the cafeteria for the mean time. [Name] didn't know if to feel relief or not.

By [Name] surprise, Vincent was there too— but not at the doctors' table. He was standing in a corner along with other guards. They met eyes, and [Name]'s cheeks blushed a little. He smiled and waved, receiving a handsome grin and a wink from the guard.

As expected, everyone saw the small interaction— some with frowns on their faces. Specially Armin, Bertholdt and Connie. The three narrowed eyes at the guard, suspicious by the evident flirting.