CHAPTER-9

At night time Arnav went to his pool side silently without anyone, no, Aman noticing it..
He called Khushi. Khushi on the other side seeing the person who is calling her smiled..
" Laad governor what do you want?" Khushi teased Arnav..
" Ohh really.. Now its like this woman pick up the call of their lovers.. Great.. In the old days they would blush and talk shyly.." Arnav grinned..
" Oh my god.. I'm marrying an old man now, he romanced girls in old days... What's your age Arnav? " Khushi laughed silently..
" Khushi you're impossible.. Tell me is everything okay?" Arnav turned his smiley face to a worried now..
" Yes everything is alright.. Ayan, Ma, Jiji, NK and Lav are sleeping.. Do you know your chudail came here today.. " Khushi said pouting.
" My chudail? Haha Khushi.. You mean Akira right? " Arnav laughed..
" Shiii you know her very well.. Even I said her name in disguise, you recognized her.. If someone said happiness to you.. You would never know who it is.." Khushi said angrily..
" What the.. Khushi don't start jealousy drama here.. And Happiness is you only.. Khushi means happiness.. " Arnav said pressing his lips to suppress his smile, then looked behind him to see if anyone is there or not..
" You're so bad.. Do you have any feelings for her?" Khushi asked..
" No Khushi.. It's just she is a good girl and I used her to forget you, I also feel guilty about it.. I don't hate her, what I did was wrong.." Arnav said with a guilty tone..
" I know.. " Khushi replied..
" I love you, bye take care okay.. " Arnav said looking behind once again..
" Bye bye.. " Khushi blushed..
Arnav disconnected the call smiling, she isn't going to say it, he will have to wait till the engagement day..
Khushi pulled the blanket more to herself and leaned on the bed smiling..
But soon her smiled slipped from her face hearing strange sounds outside her room.. She gulped her saliva in fear, clutching the blanket she looked at the door..
She took her phone quickly to call Arnav.. " Ahhhhhh" the phone slipped from her hand as she heard a sound of someone shouting. She dropped the idea of calling Arnav and went outside her room shivering in fear..
" Who is it?" Khushi asked looking around the living room..
NK came looking at Khushi: What happened Khushi?
Khushi looked at him: NK.. Did you heard someone screaming here?
NK nodded: That's why I came here.. If it wasn't you then?
Khushi sigh: I don't know.. I'm feeling scared..
NK: Don't be Khushi.. Must be someone outside there.. Lets go..
Khushi nodded and went back to her room..
She turned to go to her bed but there was something on the floor..
She picked the box scared and sat on the bed opening it slowly..
" Letters, what's this?" Khushi confused opened the letters..
" Arnav wrote them to Akira!! " Khushi thought as her eyes welled up reading those love letters Arnav wrote to Akira, not only that she found their pictures together very close..
" Shii.." she threw all the things on the floor crying covering her face with her palm..
*****************
* Engagement Day:
Arnav was smiling at his reflection on the mirror checking out himself..
" You're looking out of the world ASR" he chuckles at his thought..
" Arnav let's go.. Everyone must be waiting for you there.." Aman came smiling in Arnav's room..
" Yeah just coming" Arnav said looking at Aman..
" You are looking so handsome man.. I just wish Khushi doesn't spoil your day.." Aman smirked..
" Heyy why are you talking bad things?" Arnav said smiling, but deep inside him his heart already knew Aman has played his part.. But what? Khushi didn't call him to inform him that there was something wrong..
Arnav sigh and went with Aman..
Reaching the place his family arranged for the engagement day.
Everyone looked at him as he reached, Girls were busy ogling at the handsome man in black suit, unfortunately going to marry soon..
Arnav smirked at his effect on everyone and walked to the little stage where his family were..
" So here I am" Arnav said..
" You're looking handsome Chote.. I can't believe you are going to marry very soon.. " Ragini hugged as tears of happiness fell on her cheeks..
" Arnav as a father I wish you all the happiness in this world.. If you ever need anything to woo your wife.. Tell me, I will give you advices.." Neil winked at Arnav..
Everyone laughed.. Arnav: I love you Dad..
Arnav hugged Neil happily. His father is his best friend, both share a great bond..
Rohan also joined in the hug: I love you all..
" Where is Khushi?" Arnav asked not spotting his soon to be wife..
" Chote.. You're supposed to reach first, then her.." Anjali said..
" Okay sit here" Ragini made Arnav sit in a decorated big chair placed for them in the stage..
Some friends came to talk with him and time passed by..
Khushi reached the hall making Arnav stand up with his mouth open..
He stared at her till she reached near him, she was looking more than gorgeous in a white outfit..
" You're looking so pretty Khushi" Ragini and Anjali came there smiling and hugging Khushi..
Khushi smiled a little..
They made the couple sit for a while..
" My jalebi you're looking hot" Arnav teased Khushi smiling..
Khushi looked away without answering Arnav..
Arnav frowned: Aman isn't here Khushi.. You can talk to me, he is outside..
Khushi: Why don't you talk with Akira? Look there she is looking at you only..
Arnav: What's wrong with you? I already explained to you ..
Khushi: You're a liar.. You love her truly...
Arnav: What the..
Khushi: I saw everything, your letters and pics together..
Arnav looked at Khushi confused: What are you talking about Khushi? I don't love Akira.. Letters, pics what's this?
Someone tapped Arnav's shoulder, Arnav turned and his mouth curved into a smile seeing the person in front of him..
" Akash.." Arnav hugged him..
" Sorry came late.. Better late than never right?" Akash smiled..
" Right ( turning to Khushi) he is my cousin Akash.." Arnav said..
Khushi smiled: Hi Akash..
Akash smiled back: Hi bhabhi.. You're looking beautiful!!
Khushi: Thank you..
Akash took Arnav to the group of men ( NK, Aman, Rohan, Shyam) while Khushi stayed there alone..
Arnav was glancing every now and then to her, and she looked away angrily..
" Seems like my plan is working.. Good job Akira.." Aman thought smirking..
Ragini came to the group: Let's go to the stage. Its auspicious time now..
All smiled as the couple were about to exchange the rings.. The lights went off and only few lights were on..
Ragini handle the ring to Arnav, who smiled and turned to Khushi.. Khushi extended her hand to him, Arnav held her hand gently and put the ring on her finger..
All clapped except Aman and Akira..
Khushi also did the same not smiling.. That made Arnav sad.
" You were right Aman.. Khushi is spoiling my day.. But I won't let you be right.. I will clear this misunderstanding you are trying to create.." Arnav thought looking at Aman..
All clapped for Khushi too, after exchanging the rings the family blessed them and Ragini made them sit..
Khushi faked a smile looking at everyone..
Arnav looked at Khushi: I need to talk with you..
Khushi: I don't want explanations..
Arnav frowned: Look I don't know what really happened.. But keep one thing in your mind. Aman is our enemy, if you do things like this.. Our love will lose..
Khushi looked at him with teary eyes: Don't talk like that..
Arnav hugged Khushi: Then why are you doing this?
Khushi: I will explain you later. Now Aman is glaring at us.. We have to act..
They broke the hug..
Aman came near Akira: Did you really did my plan? I can see them hugging each other, Akira I don't want them close, Arnav can't know the truth..
Akira: I kept the box there.. I don't know why is she hugging him now..
Aman clenched his jaws: Maybe she know this is my plan.. And obviously she won't believe in nothing that separate her from Arnav.. Dammit, all my plans are failing why?
Ragini: Ladies and gentlemen can we have your attention?
The guests looked at Ragini.
Ragini: We have prepared a special dance sequence for the bride and groom.. I hope you all enjoy..
Arnav and Khushi looked surprised..
NK came on the stage and danced with Lavanya on the song " Nashe Si Chadh Gayi ( Movie: Befikre)"
Khushi clapped excitedly then looked at Arnav who was busy staring at her amused..
" Arnav stop staring at me.." Khushi said blushing..
" I can't..My eyes only want to see you.. You know I can even put specs just to see you properly.." Arnav said smirking..
" Shameless.." Khushi looked at the dance smiling..
" You will tell me na.. Today" Arnav said reminding her what she has to say..
" Nahin.. Wait for the marriage day" Khushi pressed her lips..
" What? No way, you can't torment me like this.." Arnav widened his eyes ..
" Haha... I will. Have patience" Khushi said looking at Arnav..
" Say now.." Arnav demanded..
" No, acha okay.. But before that you have to do something for me.." Khushi said smirking..
" What? " Arnav asked..
" Think ASR, Think.. Impress me, only then I will say" Khushi said with a lopsided grin..
Akash was all the way smiling at Payal like a mad man, and she was giving glares at him..
He went to stage with a crowd of girls..
Akash: Banno ki saheli, resham ki dori ( The bride's friend, a silken tie)
Chhup chhup ke sharmaaye, dekhe chori chori ( Secretly and silently, she blushes and looks furtiverly)
Yeh maane ya na maane main to ispe mar gaya (Even if she believes it or not, I'm dying for her)
Yeh ladki haay Allah haay haay re Allah (Oh God, this girl, oh God... how fascinating she is)
Payal came to the stage glaring at Akash and started dancing: Babul ki galiyaan na chad ke jaana
(I will never leave my father's house)
Paagal deewana isko samjaana (You crazy and mad one, understand that)
Dekho ji dekho yeh to mere peeche pad gaya (Look, look at this one who trailed after me )
Yeh ladka haay Allah haay haay re Allah (Oh God, this guy, oh God... how fascinating he is)
Arnav also went to the stage smiling near Akash and started dancing looking at Khushi: Lab kahe na kahe bolti hai nazar (Whether the lips speak or not, your gaze say it all)
Pyar nahi chupta pyar chhupane se (Love cannot be concealed)
Khushi blinked two times not believing Arnav danced for her..
Payal came to Akash: Roop ghoonghat mein ho to suhana lage
(If a beauty is concealed in a veil, then it looks pleasant)
Baat nahi banti yaar batane se
(It's not the right thing to do by the telling the name of the partner)
Akash smiled and danced: Yeh dil ki baatein dil hi jaane ya jaane khuda
(What the heart has to say, only heart and God knows)
Yeh ladki haay Allah haay haay re Allah
(Oh God, this girl, oh God...)
Khushi came to the dance floor dancing: Yeh ladka haay Allah haay haay re Allah
(Oh God, this guy, oh God...)
Mangne se kabhi haath milta nahin (Sometimes wishing is to no avail)
Jodiyaan banti hai, pehle se sabki (Everyone's match is predestined)
Arnav gave her a “Acha?” look: Oh leke baaraat ghar tere aaonga main
(O, I'll take the wedding procession and come to your house)
Meri nahin yeh marzi hai rab ki
(This is not my will, but God's)
Payal joined Khushi and started dancing with the crowd of girls: Are ja re ja yun jhooti muthi baatein na bana
(O go, go away, don't talk such nonsense)
Yeh ladka haay Allah haay haay re Allah
(Oh God, this guy, oh God...)
Ragini and Neil laughed: So cutee..
Rohan came there smiling: I never saw Bro dancing, looks like this wedding I will witness things I have never seen before..
Aman smirked: That’s true Rohan!!
Now Neil took Ragini and both danced on “ Itni si baat hain ( Movie: Azhar)” song..
Arnav smiled looking at his parents, Khushi: Aww they are such a perfect couple.. You’re so lucky Arnav..
Arnav shifted his attention to Khushi: We are lucky Khushi, they are also your parents like Garima aunty is my ma now and Payal my sister..
Khushi looked at Arnav as her whole face lit up in happiness…
Aman on the other side was hating seeing Arshi getting close to each other and he wasn’t able to stop them despite doing his plans..
Payal came to Akash smirking: Not " Banno ki saheli (Bride's friend)", I'm "Banno ki jiji (Bride's sister)"...
Akash shocked: What the...
Payal went from there humming the song and smiling..