Chapter 5

(Adrien's POV)
After school and therapy, I decided to jump around the city as Chat Noir to escape my thoughts.

I leaped over buildings, feeling the breeze through my hair. The sun was beginning to set, painting the sky orange and pink. The gentle rays of the setting sun kissed my skin with a comforting amount of heat; not burning my skin like Father...

The thought of Father made me shudder. I quickly found a shady spot under a tree. The light heat of the sun was diminished and replaced by the cool touch of the tree's shadow. I stood there with my back against the trunk, closing my eyes and taking deep, calming breaths.

Soon, the pink and orange sky grew darker until the sky became dark blue. The streetlights turned on and cars flew by with their headlights on. The sky kept getting darker and darker until the moon and stars were finally visible.

I caught a glimpse of red flying through the air, heading towards the Eiffel Tower. Ladybug. It was a beautiful sight, watching my lady swing through the city with the moonlit sky in the background. Her dark blue hair flew behind her as she made her way through the City of Love.

I snap out of my thoughts, realizing it was time for patrol. I run towards the nearest building, jumping to the roof. Seeing that my lady was already close to the Eiffel Tower, I speed up. Don't want to keep her waiting too long. After all, I still need to tell her that Hawkmoth was my father.

~

"Hello, m'lady," I greet when I land at the Eiffel Tower.

"Hello, Kitty," she responds, "As of right now, I have no information on who or where the amoks are coming from"

"I mean, we've only dealt with one sentimonster so far"

Ladybug shrugs, "True. I can't help but think that Hawkmoth is plotting something big. We'll have to be careful"

I run a hand through my hair, "Listen. There's something about Hawkmoth that I think you should know"

I breathe. Here goes nothing.

"Hawkmoth's... Hawkmoth's true identity was... Gabriel Agreste--yes, he was my... Father"

I look over at Ladybug. Her mouth dropped open. Her eyes looked like they were showing a mixture of surprise and a bit of anger or annoyance. I don't blame her. After all, I kept this from her for a while.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Her voice was surprisingly calm.

"I really wanted to tell you. Believe me, I did, but the thing is," I close my eyes and breathe, "Even if he put me through hell and hurt me physically and emotionally, deep down, I... I still love him like... Like family. I still see him as my father. I don't know why, but I... I just... Do"

I could feel my lips quivering at this point.

"He... He used to be a loving father, until... Until my mom passed away"

Ladybug stepped closer to me and I felt her hand go around mine. I flinched and my head shot in her direction. I felt a tear trail down my face and she wiped it away, causing a small blush to appear on my cheeks.

"You'll get through this, I know you will," she says softly, "You're a strong person"

My green eyes stare deeply into her bluebell eyes. Someone else said almost that exact same thing to me as Adrien. Ladybug's eyes look oddly familiar. Her dark blue hair, gentle touch, and comforting voice also remind me of...

"Marinette..."

I didn't realize I said her name out loud and Ladybug jumped a bit.

"Oh- I'm... I'm so sorry. I... I was thinking about another girl," I say, looking down in embarrassment.

"Oh, it's... It's alright"

"A-anyways... Should we just get on with patrol?"

Ladybug nods. Her cheeks were a bit rosy as she swung her yo-yo to a nearby building.

"Call me if you find anything unusual," she says before swinging away.

Blue hair, bluebell eyes, soft voice, hmm...

I'm not gonna jump to conclusions, but Marinette is definitely someone who I'm suspecting to be Ladybug.