Epilogue

(Adrien's POV)
"So, the craziest thing happened," I begin.

My therapist nods, "Go on"

"I was in the hospital after a serious injury. Apparently I was just barely alive. But all of a sudden, the injuries completely disappeared," I say.

My mom told me that she used mine and Ladybug's miraculouses to heal me. Turns out... She was Le Paon. I was upset when I first found out, but at least she returned the miraculous to Master Fu.

"That's quite amazing, actually," my therapist says, "I'm glad you've healed"

"But that's not all," I add, "Turns out my mom has been alive this whole time"

My therapist raises his eyebrows, "Really?"

"I found out she lied about her death," I press my lips together.

"How do you feel about that?" My therapist asks.

I shrug, "I mean, I'm glad that she's alive, but I'm mad that she lied about her death. Mostly because her 'death' is what made my father abusive towards me"

The thought of my father still makes me shudder.

"But something else happened that's been making me feel down," I begin, "A good friend of mine... Moved, I guess. Sure, he would sometimes roast me or make fun of me, but he helped me through my rough times. He truly cared about me, and was there for me when my father was still around"

Plagg. Master Fu ended up taking mine and Ladybug's miraculouses, seeing that there were no more villains wreaking havoc. It feels lonely without Plagg around to insult me. Marinette always tells me about how she misses Tikki, too.

I guess now, we're no longer Paris' beloved superhero duo. We're just your average everyday Parisians.

My therapist frowns, "Do you keep in touch with him?"

I shake my head, "I have no way to contact him. I don't even know if I'll ever see him again"

"As hard as it is," my therapist begins, "You may have to learn to live without your friend. I know it's hard to forget someone who's so important to you, but you have to keep moving forward"

I nod. I wanted to the him that I'm--well, was--Chat Noir, but there's already enough people who know my identity. Marinette, Alya, Nino, Mom, Nathalie, and Chloé. I want to keep this between as little people as possible.

On the bright side, ever since Chloé found out Marinette was Ladybug, she started being nicer to her. I think it's safe to say that those two are friends now. And I won't say that she's nice now, because she can still be pretty rude. But that's just how she is. Her behavior has definitely improved, though.

As for Nathalie, she decided to let my mom move in with us. My mom decided to continue her career as an actress. All of Paris was just as shocked as I was when they found out she's alive. Apparently, it was only France that believed she was dead, so the rest of the world wasn't surprised.

My mom apologized for making them believe she was dead. She immediately regretted it after finding out what my father did to me while she was gone. She originally planned for only my family to know, but thanks to my father, the news spread throughout the country.

She really wanted to get away from my father, and I don't blame her. But if it weren't for my father, the butterfly and peacock miraculouses wouldn't have been returned to Master Fu.

And even though the memories of my father still hurt, I know Mom and I have already forgiven him. Mom blamed herself, however. But even after everything he did, for some reason I still want to make him happy; and I think my forgiveness is the best thing I can give him.