Chapter 16

(Adrien's POV)
Everyone else walked out of the hospital room except me. Seeing that the room was empty, Plagg and Tikki flew out of my jacket.

"Marinette! I'm so glad you're okay!" Tikki exclaims and gives her owner a hug on her cheek.

Marinette smiles at her kwami.

"You really had this guy worried there," Plagg says and points to me.

I blush and come around to the side of the bed, sitting down on a stool.

"Thank you for saving me... Again"

Marinette is still smiling as she reaches a hand out to me. I take her hand, getting lost in her eyes once again.

"I was so scared," I say quietly, "Don't ever do that again, you idiot"

Her gaze went to my sleeve. Her smile faded and I knew exactly what was on her mind.

Her eyes went back to mine, "Adrien... Did you...?"

I look down in guilt, "I'm... I'm sorry. I just... I was so scared of losing you that night and I couldn't control myself"

"Adrien..."

"I'm sorry," I repeated.

Marinette took her hand from my grasp and moved it to my cheek. In that moment, I leaned closer to her, slowly closing my eyes as my lips inched closer to hers.

Suddenly, the door opened. The kwamis hide under Marinette's pillow and I quickly stepped back, disappointed. I tried to act natural and hide my blush as Marinette's parents came in with a doctor.

"We have some good news for you, Mademoiselle," the doctor began, "Due to how quickly you're recovering, we've decided it was safe for you to go back home"

A smile lit up on Marinette's face. She fidgeted with my lucky charm around her wrist, turning her head to look at me.

"Looks like your lucky charm works just as good as mine"

I reached my hand into my pocket, wrapping my fingers around her lucky charm. These charms really do work, huh?

The doctor hands her parents some paper and the brought out Marinette's clothes.

Marinette slowly made her way out of bed, nearly tripping when her bare feet touched the hard, cold floor. I quickly rush to catch her in my arms.

"Still the same old clumsy Marinette, huh?" I tease.

Her cheeks grew red and she stood up straight.

"Thanks," she mumbled.

"We'll be waiting outside," Madame Cheng says and walks out with her husband.

The doctor followed them out the door.

Marinette walked over to her clothes, turning to me. She cleared her throat, still blushing.

"What?" I asked.

She sighed. That was when it hit me and my face turned as red as hers.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I'll leave," I say quickly and walk out the door.

I shut the door and Plagg peeked his head out of my jacket.

"Admit it, Adrien," he whispered, "You wanted to stay in there, didn't you?"

"Shut up," I whisper through red cheeks.

"Is that a yes?" The stubborn kwami asks.

I roll my eyes, "I'm one step closer to asking Marinette if she wants to trade kwamis"