Chapter 18

(Adrien's POV)
By the time Ladybug and I were done with patrol that night, we were both completely drained. The villain this time really wore us out. After The Punisher, the villains have been getting tougher and tougher.

I collapsed on my bed, groaning while digging my face into my pillow. Meanwhile, Plagg went to serve himself some Camembert.

"I hate transforming," Plagg complains, "It drains my energy and makes me tired"

"Nof like I fan do fomting," I mumble into my pillow.

"Sorry, what was that Adrien?"

I take my face out of my pillow, "It's not like I can control when villains appear. And I can't just leave Marinette to fight alone"

"Then why don't you go find the source of the villains and take them out?"

I roll over on my back, "Sounds pretty risky. Besides, how are we gonna do that?"

"Ahem. The silver car? You can spy on it and hopefully find where the akumas and amoks are coming from"

I shrug, "Maybe. I'm gonna have to talk to Marinette since that sounds dangerous"

~The Next Morning~
I hear a knock on my bedroom door and Nathalie's voice follows, "Adrien, you have mail"

I get up from my desk and open the door for her. She hands me an envelope.

"Who's this from?" I ask.

Nathalie shrugs, "Apparently it's really important"

Nathalie shuts the door and her footsteps begin to decrescendo down the hallway until they completely disappear, replaced with silence.

I look down at the white envelope in my hands. The only thing written on it was my name in large print. I open the envelope, taking out a letter.

Adrien,
I have something very important to tell you. I understand if you don't want to see or hear from me again, but please come see me as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
Your Father

I read the letter over and over. My hands begin to tremble.

"Hey kid, what's up?" Plagg asks, flying over to my shoulder.

"Read it," I mumble quietly.

After a few seconds, Plagg flies off my shoulder and floats in front of my face.

"Are you actually going to see him?"

I shake my head, "I don't know. Can I even trust him?"

I shudder as the memories of his beatings come back to me, making my head pound.

"What does he even want?" I say quietly.

"Maybe you should go get some fresh air," Plagg suggests.

"Good idea. Plagg, claws out!"

"Wait! That's not what I-"

The little kwami was sucked into my ring, turning me into Chat Noir.

~

I leapt through the city, taking in the cool, damp air of the early morning. I spotted Marinette's bakery in the distance and made my way there.

After jumping over a couple buildings, I landed at her window. She was at her desk sketching a design while listening to music.

I lightly tap her window. She didn't seem to hear me through her music, so I tapped a little harder. Tikki flew up to her, making her take her earbuds off. The little red kwami pointed towards me.

Finally, the bluenette saw me. I waved at her and she got up to open the window and let me in.

"Hey there, Marinette"

"What's up?" She asked, sitting down on her bed.

I sat down next to her, "Well, something... Interesting happened"

"I'm listening"

I run a hand through my hair, "Let's just say... I got some letter from my father. Apparently he has something important to tell me and wants me to go see him in prison"

"Do you plan on going?"

I sigh, "I don't know. I feel like I should, but..."

She places her hand over my gloved hand, "I can come with you"

I shake my head, "It's okay. I can go alone"

She moves her other hand to my upper arm and puts her head on my shoulder, "Be careful, okay?"

I nod and stroke her hair, careful not to scratch her with my claws.

"Oh, and one more thing," I begin, "Plagg had this idea that we can go face-to-face with Le Paon and the new Hawkmoth to get rid of the villains for good"

Marinette shifted her head on my shoulder to look me in the eyes, "Not a terrible idea, but it's definitely dangerous"

I move my arm and wrap it around her shoulders to make her more comfortable.

"He said we can spy on that silver car and hopefully find our villains," I add, "However, we might need some help from Rena Rouge and Carapace"

Marinette nodded in agreement, "Let's get a plan going"