chapter2

The black panther and I began our cohabitation.

Although I say that, my mentality is that of a girl. And since the black panther speaks in that wonderful masculine voice, doesn’t this mean we’re like a couple living together? Or so I thought, but I’m his pet.

Thinking that makes my heart beat a little faster.

『……What are you thinking about?』

『No、nothing really.』

This dekaneko(big cat) has a surprisingly good intuition.

『Ah, right right, there’s something I wanted to ask you about~.』

『……What is it?』

Albeit in a suspicious tone, the black panther unexpectedly replied without reluctance.

Although the area we were in was the black panther’s territory, it wasn’t his dwelling place. Since we didn’t require neither sleep or meals, we had no need for a location that guaranteed safety.

Nevertheless, although I did wish for a safe place, seeing as how my body is that of a kitten, the stronger demons that would normally attack me wouldn’t draw near, fearing the black panther.

『This place we’re at…where is it?』

In response to my very much vague question, the black panther slightly narrowed his eyes…and replied after several seconds.

『By this place…you mean, rather than by my territory, where we are within this world?』

『Right right, that’s it』

He’s so smart~…..I’m alone in my idiocy huh.

『Even with such intelligence that allows you to converse, you don’t understand…?  Didn’t you learn words after being summoned?』

『Su, summoned? No, I was born just recently……』

『What……』

While I was nervous from the black panther’s surprised growl, I decided to explain. Of course, it was to explain about the dream world, but ever since he mentioned the word 『summoned』, I felt that it was better not to speak of the part where I was a human.

『Memories of a dream……what a strange thing.』

『I know right~.』

A huge black panther and golden kitten, seriously nodding at one another…surreal.

Surprisingly, the black panther easily accepted my explanation. There is the fact that he is highly intelligent, but more than that it must be that the strong didn’t fuss over such small things.

『And so, it’s about this world but……』

『That’s right……this world has various names. The truth of the matter is that you can’t truly understand unless you’re one of those that have existed since the beginning of this world.』

T, that kind of technical detail isn’t what I wanted to hear….

『But the humans use a mere few words to portray this kind of world. They call it the 【spiritual realm】.』

『……Spiritual realm…?』

The black panther explained in simplified terms to the silly me that couldn’t understand.

The 【material realm】 was where the beings with life existed, such as humans, animals and the like.

And in this world, the 【spiritual realm】, was where those that were the exceptions…the beings that possessed no flesh and bones, existed.