chapter10

“Albertine-samaaaaaa!”

Zumana couldn’t believe what was happening.

His intense feelings for Albertine hit him as the sacrifice, a child, with a smile filled with compassion…

Snapped his beloved’s neck.

Zumana’s thoughts went blank, then he was quickly filled with anger and hatred, but, the moment he reached to take out his sword, he sensed an ominous [Feeling].

The little girl’s adorable eyes… the white parts were eroding.

A ruby-like glow appeared around her pale gold pupils.

Behind her cherry-colored lips, a beautiful ruby red fang showed.

From the adorable little girl spilled a violent aura of [Intimidation] and [Presence]. The little girl pierced the throat of the still warm Albertine with her fangs. Zumana was frozen still.

Blood shot out from her throat…

As if she expected it, Albertine’s blood flowed into the little girl’s mouth without spilling a drop.

“… A vampire…?”

A legendary evil monster.

In the past, a country was filled with vampires and fell to ruin.  Recently, just a single vampire had appeared in a neighboring country, causing a massive amount of people to flee.

This thing in front of him, it was such an evil existence…?

Perhaps because she heard the Zumana’s voice, the little girl, let go of the throat to breathe, murmuring curiously while looking in his eyes:

“… A vampire…?”

The little girl said in a different tone, before patting her belly and *kepu* giving a cute burp.

Zumana shivered at the sight.

Killing people, drinking blood as a [Meal] …

In her eyes which looked at Zumana, he was not reflected as an [Enemy], not even as a [Human]. He was only seen as food, he realized.

“…”

Clenching his teeth to not moan aloud, Zumana began running from the [Monster].

To avenge the enemy of the one he loved, risking his life for a sure kill, He called for reinforcements.

“Marquis Brunnow-sama, have the summoners start the ritual!”

Marquis Brunnow came rushing in at the sudden call.

However, he wasn’t a man to fall into a confused panic. He had also felt the presence of a [Monster].

“Zumana-kun, what is it? This pressure is no joke.”

“It’s probably… a vampire. It’s pretty strong, too…”

“What… happened to Albertine-sama!?”

“Albertine-sama was…”