chapter4

[.....This is not good.]

There was no one around….. I was largely conscious of the small sound of a sweet voice that could be heard from one of the relatively smaller rooms within the mansion.

In that room, there was a faint odor of paint remaining. And along with a big, brand-new canopy bed, there was a tiny little dresser that could be used for children playing house.

At first glance, there was no one in here, but that was wrong.

Although glass, in this world, was a precious material, this room was furnished with a full-length mirror so large as to make you wonder at its price.

And standing small and quiet in front of it was a little golden child.

That’s right. It was me.

I was now 2 years old, and I was dumbfounded upon getting a proper look at my own appearance for the first time.

My okaa-san…no, my okaa-sama was a very beautiful person.

Her silky blonde hair was soft to the touch, and whenever okaa-sama would carry me in her arms, I would bury my face in her hair.

On my first birthday, I met otoo-sama for the first time. I wondered if he was busy with work. He seemed to be sorry about not being able to come home too often.

Otoo-sama was also a great looking person. I’d say he was in his mid twenties or so? He exuded an attractive aura, with his considerably handsome looks and reddish blonde hair.

Being the daughter of these two people made me look forward to how I would look like in the future.

Although a prince-sama would be hoping for too much, but at the least I would have good enough looks to have an heir to a reasonably good household fall for me. And while having such lower middle-class thoughts, I felt relieved from the bottom of my heart, that my future would be without hardships.

And so back then, when I was still a baby, seeing myself reflected in the dresser mirror while being carried by okaa-sama, I had thought to myself that there wouldn’t be a problem since I was a baby this cute.

……Or, so I had thought.

「……This, isn’t happening.」

No no, it wasn’t as if my appearance was bad or anything. In a way, it was as I had anticipated.

But it was a future expectation years away. It would have been fine if I had started to blossom at around age 10, and until then remained as a wee little sweet child….

When I tilted my head, my gold colored hair that was without any curls, smoothly moved as if flowing.

Wasn’t this……exactly the color of my former body…the color of my fur…? This wasn’t blonde hair at all. It was more like gold threads.

My skin was like a normal white person’s, but I couldn’t see the pores of the skin. What was up with this….

As for my looks, I inherited all the good parts from my parents. My small cherry blossom lips and golden long eyelashes were very pretty and lovely to see.

If that was all it was then, overlooking the fact that my looks were rather showy, I would have felt glad for being born well…and that would have been the end of it, but the problem began here.