chapter5

[.......Do you remember me?]

 Otoo-sama asked as he looked anxiously at me.

 Of course I remember.

 As long as you are my otoo-sama, I’d never forget such a good-looking person.

 His face was clearly revealing his thoughts…that since he couldn’t come see his young daughter no more than once or twice a year, it would only be natural for her to have forgotten him.

 Ever since the matter of holy magic had passed, I, who had strongly recognized the 【demon】 within me, was ever more firmly determined than before to conduct myself to behave like a human, so I was going try my best as a daughter as well.

「…Otoo-sama?」

 When I called out and walked towards him with toddling steps, otoo-sama showed a look of being surprised.

「Ohh…Yurushia. So you would call me father….」

 Eh? Come to think of it, was this the first time I called him 『otoo-sama』 in person?

 Still…otoo-sama, aren’t you a bit too afraid I wonder? I know how inhuman I look, but if you fear me to that extent, to be honest I feel down.

 But I mustn’t lose heart because of this.

 As a frail demon hiding among humans, the best idea was to be protected by wonderful people like otoo-sama. It wasn’t because the elegant oji-sama type happened to be my favorite or anything like that.

 First of all, I had to get him used to me.

 Today was my 3rd birthday.

 As for presents, I received a comb made of silver from okaa-sama. I was a little frightened by silver items, holy magic and the like, but no problems occurred. In retrospect, hadn’t I used a silver spoon all this time just fine?

 From the three maid girls I received a book called 『A Document on Magic Usable from Age 3』…even though books were expensive in this world….

 From Trufi-san, who had completed her work as a wet-nurse and returned home, I received a small painting to decorate in my room. It was very lovely.

 From otoo-sama, I received a huge bear plushy, a regular sized rabbit plushy, a bouquet of roses, and a ton of candies bought from a famous store in the royal capital.

 When I tried eating the sweets…there wasn’t enough flavor as expected. It wasn’t any less in terms of quality when compared with the sweets from the dream world, but it was somehow unsatisfying.

 But I had to persevere and eat it all…or else everyone will be sad.

 My birthday party had ended. Otoo-sama would always leave again when night came, but this time I tried to playfully keep him from going away.

 I toddled my way to otoo-sama, who had always been hesitant of even being touched by me, and tugged on his leg that was on the sofa.

「……What wrong? Yurushia.」

 When our eyes met, otoo-sama visibly lost his composure. ……So it was no good unless I acted more boldly.

「Otoo-sama, hug~」