I Knew it!

I Knew It! Peter Parker x Reader Soulmate AU

Word Count: 1,019

Pairing: Peter Parker x reader Soulmate AU

Featuring: Peter Parker and you :), mentions Ned Leeds

Summary: You're convinced that your best friend is your soulmate. Your timer says otherwise. On the day your timer is supposed to go off, Spider-Man shows up at your window.

You always wondered if your timer worked. Everyone else's seemed to. They always found their soulmate and was content, at least to your knowledge. But your experience was different. You felt like you already met your soulmate, but the timer didn't go off when you met him. You were absolutely certain the sweet, dorky, science-loving, cute nerd that was your best friend was it. He understood you, helped you out, comforted you, and (most importantly, in your opinion) helped you out with homework. Of course, with this thinking, you obviously had a huge crush on him. I mean, come on, who doesn't have a crush on Peter Parker? Today was the day your timer was supposed to go off. Not wanting to face the truth that your soulmate wasn't Peter, you stay inside your room after school. As soon as you get home, you forget about homework and go straight to pictures of him, hoping that would work. As you keep looking at pictures, you can't help but sigh. "Ugh, Peter! If you're not my soulmate, then who is? They'd have to be even more perfect than you and that's not possible!" You look down at your wrist to see how much time was left. 0000d 00h 05m 00s 5 minutes.You keep looking at photos, praying it'll work. Suddenly, a knock on your window diverts your attention. You turn around, only to see an actual person and not a bird or anything one would expect.  And not any person, but a superhero. Spider-Man. 'Oh my gosh is my soulmate Spider-Man?' you think. 'I don't even know who Spider-Man is!' You quickly open the window, and he climbs through, almost collapsing on you. Turns out, he's heavily injured. "H-hey. I-I need help," he stammers. You help him sit on your bed, mentally freaking out, manage to get out "Don't worry, I've got you," and run off to the bathroom. Maybe if you did this fast enough, you could still look at pictures of Peter, you reason. No, there's no way that'll work out, the voice in the back of your head states. Rushing back to him, you begin to ask him what's wrong and how you can help.  He gives responses with a hoarse voice, but you can't help thinking you know that voice. You can't place it, but you definitely recognize it. Maybe you'd be able to place the voice to a face after he's gone.Deciding it would be best to actually help him out, you ask him about his mask. "Do you have any cuts on your face that need attention? Y-you don't have to if you don't w-want to. I understand if you want t-to keep your identity a secret." You blush, embarrassed with how much you stammered around your favorite hero. He thinks for a moment before saying, "Go ahead. I'd have to tell you sooner or later." Sooner or later? You personally know Spider-Man? No freaking way! You could hardly believe it. Shock changes to anger in an instant when you realize it meant someone's been keeping this secret for months. But who? Not waiting any longer, you carefully pull off his mask, trying not to disturb any possible cuts. You gasp in shock when you saw who it was. Peter fudging Parker. Your best friend. "H-hey [N-name]." He gives you a sheepish smile. "You're Spider-Man?!" You whisper-shout. No need to notify your parents that Peter aka SPIDER-MAN was in your house. A loud voice wasn't necessary to lecture your best friend. "Peter Benjamin Parker! You're Spider-Man!? What on Earth?" Well, now you knew why he chose your house.He gives a nervous laugh and says, "Ah, yeah ..." You give him your best 'Explain. Now.' look. Rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, he opens his mouth but is cut off by 2 beeps. You look down at your wrist, realizing it went off. A wave of emotions crashes down on you. Relief. Admiration. Confusion. Slight betrayal. Anger, as well as other emotions you couldn't place. You couldn't believe it. After all your wishing that Peter was your soulmate, you have a hard time not dismissing this as a dream. At the same time, anger courses through you. Peter had lied to you! He made so many excuses to cancel your hangouts these past few months and it was starting to hurt your friendship a bit. But it turns out he was fighting crime the whole time. Did he not trust you enough to tell you? If he didn't trust you as a best friend, then how would he trust you as his soulmate?While your head tells you to be mad at him for lying and causing problems, your heart tells you to rejoice over the fact that your wish finally came true. After a few overwhelming moments of a tug-of-war between the 2, your heart ultimately wins. All the while, Peter sits there, waiting for a response, uncomfortable.Tackling him into a hug, you start crying tears of joy. "I knew it! That's why it didn't go off the first time we met! I had to find out that you were Spider-Man!" Peter lets out an "oof," reminding you he is still injured. You loosen your hold, and he hugs you back, getting over the shock of you not angry with him. After a while, he pulls back and put his hands on your cheeks. With his hands still covered, it tickles you a bit, but you ignore it. He then uses his thumbs to wipe your tears. The gesture makes your heart melt. "What do you mean you knew?" "I guess we both have some explaining to do, huh?" Giving him a small smile, you pull away completely and move over to the first aid kit. You spent the rest of the night explaining, treating Peter's injuries, and talking about how being soulmates changed everything. In a good way, of course. Who would've guessed? Your best friend, who was also your long-time crush, was not only Spider-Man but your soulmate........"Wait, how will we tell Ned?"