Him, Not Me

Summary: poor peter parker is distraught cos you've got a thing for spider0man while he's had a thing for you (Peter's POV)

Word Count: an easy peasy 1.3K

maybe more parts to come....??

He has a crush on you. He's always had a crush on you since, like, the third grade.

Yeah, yeah, he's had his sights on some other girls along the way but he was always drawn to you. There was something about your kindness and quiet confidence that really melted his heart. The way you helped him remember what the homework was, or how you kissed in the school play that one time, or how you helped make excuses of why he wasn't in class that day.

It was like you knew.

But of course you didn't, his secret was under tight lock and key.

Though, it really did bother him that you looooved Spider-Man, and gushed about him any chance you got.

Like, come on, Peter Parker is Spider-Man.

How can he lose to himself?

The morning passes in its usually blur, Peter swinging through the bustling streets as Spider-Man. He was on his daily stroll, patrolling around the city to squeeze in some light crime fighting before school.

Not that criminals really did anything in the morning, but hey! You never know, and Peter itched to put on the suit anytime he got.

Spider-Man coolly flipped and flew through the buildings, his backpack in tow, and phone in hand, checking the time.

"Ohhh, shit!"

The bell was about to ring in ten minutes, and he was nearly fifteen minutes out. Luckily, he was in the suit, and his homeroom teacher was used to his late antics, cos Peter always handed in the best work in class.

The perks.

As he was furiously swinging through the neighborhood, he catches a familiar mop bobbing and weaving through the crowd of commuter rush hour. He stuck onto a nearby building to get a closer look, warranting some attention to himself.

He saw that it was you.

Y/N!

You were roughly five blocks out from school, there was no way you were going to make it on time. Damn, there goes your perfect attendance.

You had sweat on your brow as you half-jogged to class, toting your heavy bag and straining your legs. Why did you decide it was a good idea to grab an extra thirty minutes of sleep?

You muffled profanities as you strode, dipping and dodging, unaware of the people murmuring around you.

"Is that Spider-Man?"

Okay, that caught your attention. You whipped your head up to the sky, expecting to see him swing overhead in that familiar red and blue hue. You had a thing for him, but who in Queens didn't?

You didn't see his form as you swiveled around, completely resigning to being late today.

You were met on a short tap on your shoulder, something you usually ignored, but in your confusion you turned around.

"What? Oh my god—"

It was Peter. Or Spider-man, that's what you saw.

Peter watched over your face, as your eyes darted over his. You mouth formed an "o."

"Hey!" he called, standing with his weight on one hip as the commuter crowd flowed around you both. Seeing Spider-Man on the ground wasn't nearly as exciting as catching him in the sky like some cryptid. Just another morning.

"Uh, h-hi," you squeak, you were having a hard time wrapping your head around this. Uhm, why was he speaking to you? You manage to stutter a bit more, "What's up?"

Peter was smiling under the mask, you looked really cute this morning. He liked the little flustered face yourpulled, and the idea that he was the first one that really got to see you today. It was a little special privilege.

"You looked like you were in distress, miss, and I'm here to offer you some help!"

You raised a brow, what did he know? You ask, "Wh-what do you mean? How did you know?"

He pointed to your backpack straps, the white eyes of the mask opening and squinting a bit as he cocked his head, "You're a student, and class is going to start in a few minutes."

You looked to your phone, seeing that time was running out and sigh, "Yeah, I'm going to be late."

Peter watched as you scrunched your nose, peeking down at your phone to see the time as well.

"Well, I was heading in that direction if you want a lift?"

You look up at him, Spider-Man, a literal avenger, but a stranger nonetheless. You didn't know what to say back, but upon further inspection you saw that he had a rumpled backpack on.

"Are you a student too, Spider-man?" you cracked a smile at that, he was becoming a bit more real in your mind.

Fuck. What?Peter thought to himself, straightening up and panicking a bit. You were looking at his bag, and he adjusted it unconsciously, correcting you,

"Can't be in a mask all the time, you know?" he shrugs the bag off, instead putting it around the front of him, "Sooo, do you want a lift?" He gestured to his back, now bare.

You felt a heat rise up to your cheeks, and your jaw drop again. You look between the time on your phone and the masked man, resigning to whatever. You were going to be late anyway.

"Sure, why not."

You were starting to seriously consider your life choices once you hopped onto his back, and he starting running forward, building momentum. You didn't know this guy and he's flinging himself from building to building, and now you're on there, like, is this safe???

Worry was put to the back of your mind as he began to shoot his webs and weaving through the city,

"Hold on tight."

Your arms were wrapped tightly around his neck, and your legs were wound around his waist, gripping for dear life. The brush of wind over your face felt cool and refreshing. There were tears welling in your eyes from the speed, but the view was something no short from amazing.

"Wow..."

Peter felt himself blushing under the suit, his crush of his life clinging to his back. He could feel your whole body pressed up against him and your shaky breaths in his ear,thatwas truly amazing to him.

No one could see the bright smile crack across his face.

Peter brought you both close to the school with literally a minute to spare, dropping you by the front gates bustling with other kids barely making it on time.

He gently let you off his back, and turned to face you.

You were bleary eyed, your face flushed with excitement and adrenaline running through your veins. Good thing too, you didn't have coffee this morning. Your hair was pulled excitedly out of place, and you brushed it down and straightened your clothes hurriedly.

You turn your attention back to your masked hero, a small crowd of phones and people surrounding you both, "Th-thank you, Spider-Man." You were still breathless.

Peter straightened up, saluting you and singing, "No problem, miss. Any time!"

You laughed at his elated attitude despite it being early morning. You inch towards the gate, apologetic that you had to leave him so soon, but you cheekily cheer, "Coming to class?" Something about him seemed familiar to you.

Peter choked back a gasp, coughing comically. He waved you away, readjusting the backpack back onto his back, as he hopped up onto the gate post, "Uh n-no, ma'am, I've got some things to do this morning. I'll see you around!" He deepened his voice, and jumped off, scurrying somewhere out of your watchful eyes.

You scoff at his antics, giggling to yourself as you run in towards your classroom.

Spider-Man was definitely a cutie.

Maybe a cutie you could know in real life?