Chapter 5 - The Woods of Lothlorien

Aloryssa's POV

As we reached the woods, I began to feel again, the numbness from Gandalf's passing loosing it's sway over me. I soon remembered what happened in mines.

It stated with dizziness, as I nearly fell over.

"Aloryssa, are you arlight?" I looked up to Aragorns concerned face.

I gently nodded, and he turned to continue. 

Before I could take another step, I felt a deep twisting paint within my ribs. Gasping, i dropped to my knees, clutching my stomach. My hand pulled away bloody.

"Aragorn?" I called him back. He sprinted upon seeing me on the ground. "I don't think I'm as alright as I thought I was."

He lifted the tunic I was wearing, seeing the arrow that had pierced right below my ribs.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier Aloryssa?!" He demanded.

"I forgot." I whispered, before whimpering at the pain of his prodding the wound. I passed out. 

Aragorn's POV

The wound was discoloured, and it was still bleeding slightly. While it hadn't punctured any organs, Aloryssa still needed help, quickly. I picked her up gently, turning and jogging slightly as I caught up.

"We need to hurry!" The groupd startles at the sight of an unconscious Aloryssa in my arms. 

They nod, not going to ask questions, as we move along.

"Stay close young hobbits! They say there's a great sorceress lives in these woods, an elf-witch of terrible power." Gimli begins. I roll my eyes, as i surge through the underbrush, carefull to not aggravate the wound of the she-elf in my arms.

"All who look upon her, fall under her spell..." He paused, "and are never seen again!" 

I slow down, hearing something else moving in the woods.

"Well," Gimli continues, not noticing the air becoming more tense, "here is one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have eyes of a hawk, and the ears of a fox!"

The second the words left Gimli's mouth, we were surrounded by the Lorien elves. 

"O-oh..." Gimli stuttered. One elf stepped forward

"The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." I recognised the elf. 

I greeted him

"Haldir o Lórien. Henion aníron, boe ammen i dulu lîn. Boe ammen veriad lîn." I greeted him.

"Aragorn!" Gimli cried, "These woods are perilous! We should go back."

The Elf looked at Gimli.

"You have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood. You cannot go back. Come, she is waiting." Haldir gestured for us to follow him. He looked down at Aloryssa, and back to me. "She will receive treatment when we arrive."

I nodded, as we entered the Lothlorien kingdom. 

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Aloryssa's POV

"Awaken, my love." I open my eyes, recognising the voice, as a hand caressed my cheek. Elrond was besides me, sitting on the bed as  he smiled down on me gently, leaning to place a kiss on my forehead. 

"What happened?" He asked me. I sit up, and walked around to where he sits, before taking a place next to him.

"We went into Moria," It is a bare whisper, but I manage, my throat dry and coarse. "We fought many orcs, but the dwarves had awoken a Balrog. Gandalf..."