Tales

"ACHOO!" Aomine sneezed loudly at the dusty attic he and Kise were assigned to clean. "Damn it, Kise! Stop dusting those rags! You're making me sneeze!"

"Well, how do you think will we clean them up if I don't dust them?" Kise whined.

"I don't know but stop waving them around like that!" Aomine complained. "Baka!"

"So mean!" Kise whined, "Why do we even need to clean up this dusty old attic? No one comes here anyway, it's full of spiders and creepy crawlers-- eew!"

Today was a holiday and they all agreed to do general cleaning around the mansion since Akashi stopped employing maids and butlers to do household work and had the whole gang clean the house every time the five of them had a day off together. Today was one of those days and Kise and Aomine were assigned to clean the attic, Midorima and Mayuzumi cleaned the garden, while Akashi and Murasakibara were all around the mansion sweeping and dusting.

Tetsuya, despite Akashi's objections of making him clean, tried to help them as much as he can by cleaning his own room and help Midorima and Mayuzumi outside.

"Just shut up and start cleaning or we'll be forced to sleep here if Akashi spots as slacking around," Aomine stated and started rummaging through the junk stacked a the attic.

"I wasn't slacking around, you are!" Kise said and started to dust the rest of the attic.

"Kise-nii? Daiki-nii?" Tetsuya called and they both spun in surprise to see him up in the dusty attic with them.

"Tetsu, what are you doing here?" Aomine asked, "You have to get out, it's dusty here,"

"I want to help," Tetsuya said.

"No need, Tetsuya-cchi," Kise said with a smile as he held a duster. "Aomine-cchi and I can do this ourselves,"

"Please?" Tetsuya said, "Shintaro-nii and Chihiro-nii are already done tending the garden and nii-san won't let me help him and Atsushi-nii and I really, really, really, really want to help,"

Aomine and Kise exchanged looks and sighed. Four years staying with them, and they still can't figure out how to say no to the cyan-haired child.

"Alright, Tetsuya-cchi, but you have to find something to cover your nose and mouth with because the attic's pretty dusty," Kise said.

Tetsuya broke into a smile and dashed outside the attic to come back with a handkerchief that looked belonged to Mayuzumi. Aomine proceeded to tie the handkerchief around Tetsuya's head, covering his nose and mouth but not too tight to let him breathe normally while he helped them clean.

"Okay, your job will be simple," Aomine said then pointed at the dusty old bookshelf that was resting by the wall of the attic. "Take those books out and start wiping the dust off, before putting them back in the bookshelf,"

"Okay!" Tetsuya answered and did his assigned task, stopping a few minutes to try and read what the books were all about-- most of them contained old business proposals and other papers that belonged to Masaomi Akashi.

But one tattered black leather notebook caught Tetsuya's attention and after wiping the dust off of it, he decided to keep it and have Midorima read it to him tonight.

They finished cleaning the house as dusk and were exhausted to the bones so they decided to eat dinner to be able to rest early.

As scheduled, Midorima was assigned to tuck Tetsuya in for the night and after a quick shower, he asked Tetsuya to start picking a story for the night. But Tetsuya smiled at him and brought the notebook he found in the attic.