Abandon

"Daiki-nii, where are we going?" Tetsuya asked as Aomine drove Kise's car.

Earlier, Aomine went to Tetsuya's room to see the child sketching like the usual. Aomine had his usual grin that widened when Tetsuya's seem to have been startled by Aomine's appearance and quickly hid his work under his bed.

"Daiki-nii, please knock the next time you come to my room," the child said.

Aomine had laughed at the pouting and blushing child. "Get your coat, we're going out,"

Tetsuya looked up at him in confusion. "Where?"

"It's a secret," Aomine grinned, ruffling Tetsuya's hair in a mess.

And that was how they ended up in the road with an unknown destination-- Kise calling for Aomine to be careful, totally paranoid that the policeman would scratch his car after an angry woman trashed Aomine's personal car when she found out she was just a one-time thing for Aomine.

Tetsuya looked over the window and saw a grassy field-- it looked like the park but there were minimal trees and had white stones embedded on the ground. "Where are we, Daiki-nii?"

Aomine parked the car and unbuckled Tetsuya then reached for the bouquet of flowers that was inside the trunk of the car. "Come on," he said, reaching down for Tetsuya's hand.

Tetsuya looked around in confusion and saw names carved on the white stones in gold and weird sayings like "Your memory lives on", "Everlasting Love", "Our little guardian angel", etc.

"Daiki-nii," Tetsuya said after reading the carved words. "Are we in heaven?" he asked.

Aomine chuckled. "You can say that," he said then stopped in front of two white stones placed next to each other. Tetsuya looked down at the stones and saw the names carved-- Daisuke and Kira Aomine.

"Daiki-nii, they have your name," Tetsuya pointed out.

Aomine smiled at him and placed the bouquet of flowers in the middle of the stone before sitting down on the grass and urged Tetsuya to sit next to him. "I didn't want to be alone this year, but your brother was so busy and the others as well," he told Tetsuya, "But it's a Saturday today and I figured I'd ask you to come along,"

Tetsuya sat silently next to him and let Aomine wrap a hand around him as they both stared down at the stones.

***

"Ow! Satsuki that hurts!" an Eight-year-old Daiki Momoi whined as a Seven-year-old Satsuki Momoi tended his bruises.

"It would hurt less if you stop fidgeting Dai-chan!" Momoi complained and continued to tend his bruises with band-aids.

"That looks painful," an Eight-year-old Ryota Kise said, tears prickling at the corner of his eyes.

"Oh stop being a drama queen, Kise," Aomine said then winced. "Satsuki!"

"Stop moving!" Satsuki said then pouted.

Aomine clicked his tongue in annoyance but ruffled Momoi's hair. "Thank you," he muttered and frowned at his bruises.

"Don't thank me," Momoi said, "You shouldn't have picked up a fight with those kids,"

"I did," Aomine said, "They were harassing you,"

"I can take care of myself, Dai-chan," Momoi answered.

Aomine snorted. "Says the girl who's afraid of frogs,"

"Frogs and bullies are very different things!" Momoi said, sticking her tongue out.

Aomine rolled his eyes but a kiss on his cheek caused him to look at Momoi.