Heartbreak - Hajime x Chiaki

Hajime had pulled Nagito away to the library to talk to him in private. The idea made Nagito hope to Auta that Hajime would tell him that he returned his feelings. The hope inside him could have lasted for the rest of his life but then...

  "I li-e -a-i--..." what? Hajime's words shattered that hope like a piece of glass falling to the floor.

  Nagito stared at Hajime, trying desperately not to cry. I mean, sure, it wasn't surprising that Hajime would like someone like them, they were amazing and he wasn't. It was plain and simple.

  And it hurt so much.

  "Nagito? Did you hear me? I'm going to ask Chiaki on a date today, I've liked them for a while now and..." Nagito didn't want to listen anymore, but forced himself to smile.

  "Uh, yeah. I bet she'll say yes, who wouldn't want to date you?" Nagito said, almost jokingly.

  Hajime noticed, of course, "Are you sure you're okay?"

  "Yeah, I'm fine." Lair, a little voice hissed in his head.

  "If you say so..." Chiaki came into the library, "She's here, wish me luck!"

  Nagito watched as the boy walked away. Nagito felt countless cold waves pass over his skin until he felt freezing. He was so cold and so hurt.

~~~~

  Chiaki and Hajime had been dating for a few weeks, which was painful enough to watch, but then Hajime had to go and rub salt in the wound. The ahoge boy was always spending his free with him when Chiaki was too tired or something of that nature.

  Nagito felt terrible he hated the heavy feeling in his chest. It wasn't quite despair but it wasn't good either. He felt empty and kept getting these weird chills every time Hajime so much as looked at him.

  The white haired boy had promised himself that he wouldn't touch the other anymore, like the warm hugs and the other flirtatious actions. It was hell for Nagito, and Hajime was always so temptly close all the time.

  "Are you okay, you haven't been yourself lately." Hajime asked looking up from the book he was reading, seated next to Nagito in the library.

  "Yep." Nagito responded dully. He was happy for the other, don't doubt that, but he felt hurt in a way-- jealous-- that was the word. Nagito was very very jealous of Chiaki.

  "Are you sure?" Hajime pressed, making Nagito look up at him. The other's green eyes were filled with worry, that look alone was almost enough to make him tell Hajime everything.

  But he didn't.

  The white haired boy bit his tongue, forced himself to smile and said; "Yeah, I'm just happy for you and Chiaki. You've really grown up!"

  "H-hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Hajime challenged, smiling.

  That smile...

~~~~

  Nagito woke up to see that face smiling down at him, memories of the Killing Game flooded back into his head. Chiaki and Hajime. His murder plan and his death. All of it. Nagito got out of the coffin-like bed and hugged Hajime, all the hurt and coldness coming back.

  "It's alright, Nagito. I've got you." Hajime murmured, hugging the white haired boy close.

  At least, that's what he wanted to happen.

 "Ehh? Nagito are you alright?" Hajime asked carefully.

  With a burning face, Nagito pulled away.

  "Umm, were you jealous of Chiaki? Is that why you tried to kill her?" Nagito stiffened at Hajime's words, how had he guessed?

  "No. I just wanted to see the glorious hope that can overcome any despair!" Nagito grinned. What's another lie?

  "You're crazy." Hajime smiled while shaking his head, "Come on, the others are waiting."

  Nagito watched as he walked away, taking his Hope with him. I'll forever love you...

  I hope you guys enjoyed this fanfiction! If you have any suggestions for me to do, please ask! I'm running out of ideas... Bye~onara!