NEW LIFE

Rain blinks back her daydream as cameras and microphones are shoved in her face

"Rain, please, over here! Rain!" they all shout

"Only three days to the Royal Cotillion. Ever think a girl like you would be a Lady of the court?"

"How does it feel to be the most envied girl in Auradon?" Rain starts to reply but other questions are thrown in her face.

"Well, do you like being blonde?"

"I'm naturally blonde," Rain tells the oblivious man

"Is Maleficent still a Lizard?" Another reporter asks and Rain wonders how it escalated so quickly

"Is your adoptive mother dead?" rain's expression changes from a plastered-on smile to shock and anger as she turns to face the woman.

"I'm sorry?!"

"I asked if -"

"No, I know what you said,"

"Okay. All right. Excuse me," Ben battles his way through the reporters, "Uh, we will let you know if and when either of those particular situations change," he wraps his arm around Rain and her body relaxes against his.

"Did you ever think you'd be with a villain kid?" Ben lets out a slight laugh before getting close to her microphone

"We're done here," Rain raises an eyebrow. Damn, that was attractive.

Fairy Godmother appears out of nowhere and starts to shush and move them away. Ben pulls Rain closer to him

"You okay?"

"Yeah, thanks," she breathes in the scent of his cologne.

"Anytime,"

The reporters start to leave and both Rain and Ben thank them.

"Rain, Ben," Fairy Godmother greets them, then starts to leave.

"Fairy Godmother,"

Rain lets out a dramatic sigh and Ben laughs, looking back to the leaving reporters.

"Don't pay any attention to them," he looks into his girlfriend's eyes.

"Well, that's easier said than done, right?" Rain lets out a nervous laugh.

"I know. I know," He mumbles "You know, maybe we should do something. We should go somewhere. Get away,"

"Yeah," Rain smiles up at him, some time away from everything with just us sounds like paradise to her.

"You know, what do..." he checks his watch "I have a council meeting," he suddenly realises "I'm so late!" Rain just smiles at him sadly.

"That's okay,"

"We'll... We'll do it sometime," he goes in for a kiss but someone pulls Rain away - Evie.

"If we don't do a fitting for your gown right this minute, you'll be dancing in your bathrobe, okay?" Ben still has a firm grip on Rain's hand as Evie takes the other.

"Hi," she greets Ben briefly, "Let's go, Let's go," and with that, Evie's pulling Rain away.

"Bye!" she shouts back to her boyfriend

"Bye! I like the outfit today!"

"Thank you! I call it 'I'd like this dress if it was in black'!" Ben laughs as he watches Evie drag Rain away, he stares after her before he suddenly remembers his meeting.

Edited: January 2021