WEDDING

The five friends are walking to class and Rain's mind can't help but keep can't help wandering back to her earlier conversation with the girls. Jay is flirting with the girls in front of Rain, and she wonders what Jay and Carlos would say if she asked them the same question she asked Evie earlier.

"Why do you torture them? Just pick someone to take to Cotillion already," Carlos sighs as he looks at his friend

"Please," Rain begs "I can't handle another girl bombarding me in the toilet about you,"

"Neither can I," Mal groans

"Well, I do apologise," Jay puts on a fake, formal voice as he looks to Rain "But, I'm going solo. That way, I can dance with all of them,"

"That's...not good," Rain shakes her head, adjusting her backpack on her right shoulder

"Ah! You're the expert..." Carlos mutters

"Excuse me, I'm the only one here with a boyfriend,"

"Yeah but...It wasn't exactly the traditional way of asking someone out,"

"Hm.." Rain winces slightly, thinking about the Love Potion "Not one of my best moments,"

"Um, Jay... "Carlos asks "if you were gonna ask someone, what's the best way to go?"

Jay grabs Carlos' shoulder, as if giving him proper advice "Listen, all you got to do... is look like me." Rain laughs and Carlos glares at her

"Sorry...Mr 'traditional way'," she teases as Jane walks up to the group.

"Rain!" Oh no

"Hey Jane,'' Carlos greets happily and Rain smiles as she realises who he wanted to ask out.

"I was wondering...uh... if you liked the.... carrot cake last night," So close. Rain thought the carrot cake was disgusting.

"I had the pumpkin pie," She held the same opinions about the pumpkin pie.

"Oh, cool. Um, uh- "

"Smooth," Jay pulls Carlos away and Rain gives him a knowing smirk as he glares at her yet again. Lonnie appears by Jane, greeting the girls with a smile.

"I have an opening for a fitting at 3:00. Who wants it?"

"Me!" Lonnie looks down at Jane who just wasn't quick enough "Sorry,"

"Perfect," Evie then turns to Jane "I'll take you later," Evie, Mal and Lonnie walk off to the side.

"Rain?"

"Yeah?"

"I hate to keep bugging you, but the decorating committee needs more answers. So, as much as I hate to, um... you know, um... "

"Bug me? Jane you literally just said the phrase 'bugging you',"

"Yeah..."

"Right, Jane, I would love to. I just have to get to class," She tries to leave, but Jane stops her. Rain thought she might explode if her stress levels heightened.

"You know, just nod if you like it," Jane shows Rain the tablet. "Chair swags. Entry banner. Twinkle lights. Napkin design. Table bunting. And you still haven't picked the party favours yet," Rain just keeps nodding at everything she shows.

"Honestly, Jane, whatever you think..." she cuts her off and Rain tries to hold in her annoyance.

"I mean, we can do chains, key charms, pen toppers. I kind of love the pen toppers, but, I mean, we can do all three," Rain takes a deep breath and tries to stop her eyes from glowing the familiar electric blue, however it's too late and Jane's eyes widen as she looks at her. Rain takes a deep breath, closing her eyes, she couldn't scare off one of her only friends in Auradon.

When her eyes open again, they're back to the green "I say key chains and pen toppers," she smiles

"Yeah?"

"Yeah,"

"You won't regret it,"

"Okay," Lonnie comes up behind Jane again.

"I can hardly wait to see what your wedding will look like!"

"Sure, yeah me too," Rain isn't really listening, but she suddenly processes what was said and snaps her head to Lonnie "Wait what?! Wedding?!"

"Aren't you guys getting a little ahead of yourselves?" Rain asks, slightly concerned at how invested in her relationship they were.

"The Royal Cotillion is like getting engaged, to be engaged, to be engaged," Jane explains

"I knew it!" Mal sighs, since when did she care?

"Well, everyone knows it!" Evie nudges her

"I didn't know it! How come nobody told me that? Is my entire life just planned out in front of me?" Rain asks, her voice raising "This place is so -!"

"Hi Rain," Rain looks up, and is greeted with Ben leaning over her. Great timing.

"Hi Ben," all the other girls sing and Rain raises an eyebrow at them before she looks back at her boyfriend who starts leaning in, as if going in for another kiss. But he's interrupted by Jane.

"Oh, oh. Quick moment," she drags him away. Evie, Mal and Lonnie walk off, but Rain stays a bit longer, watching Ben and Jane talk, as she goes to leave, Ben turns back.

"Uh... see you later,"

"Okay..." and yet again, they don't get any time alone, or time together at all. 

Edited: January 2021