CURL UP

Rain walks through the streets of the Isle, ignoring the stares from the other occupants. Eventually, she reaches her destination - 'Curl up and dye'. The makeshift sign outside says it's closed until midnight, but Rain is positive she'll be an exception.

When Rain enters the familiar shop, she's greeted with a place that's nearly unrecognisable. There are paint splatters everywhere, and Rain smile at the colour. Music is blaring from some headphones and Rain looks to the source. There stands Dizzy Tremaine.

"Rain!" she drops her broom and embraces Rain; the older girl ruffles up her hair a bit.

"Hey kiddo,"

"Is Evie back too?!" Rain laughs at her question. Evie would not come back here.

"As if," her smile drops "sorry Diz," Dizzy goes to pick up her broom

"I uh, forgot that you guys don't open 'till midnight," Dizzy nods "place looks good," She giggles at Rain's compliment "so what is your deal? Has your grandmother given you any customers yet?" running her fingers over any new object, Rain works her way through the salon.

"Eh, just a witch here and there, Mostly, it's a lot of scrubbing and scouring and sweeping. Lots and lots of sweeping,"

"Sorry 'bout that. Sounds like the old Cindy treatment,"

"Yeah, she's gone from Wicked Stepmother to Wicked Grandmother,"

"Not much difference there, sweetheart," she blushes slightly "hey Diz, if I remember correctly, you did Evie's hair. Am I right, or am I right?"

"Yeah, I thought of the little braids!"

"She kept them in for a while," Dizzy smiles again. Rain thought she was a sweet kid. Her and Evie were closer. But Dizzy liked playing with Rain's hair when they were younger because she liked the natural blonde and loose curls. Rain let her play with it, but she did the cutting and dying herself - with a bit of help from Evie.

"Got any ideas for me?" the ginger frames Rain's face with her hands, then walks up to her, taking the hair in her hands next.

"Platinum blonde with a red underneath?" Dizzy asks rhetorically, yet Rain nods "The best of no worlds," Dizzy waves the ends at Rain "It's so straight! There's not a semblance of even a wave! Y'know, there'd be more if you haven't straightened it -"

"Dizzy," Rain warns and she nods

"That's past hair issues though... You can't see where your face ends and your hair begins!" Dizzy drags Rain to one of the chairs, then picks up her hands "what is this?! 'Lilac panic'." Rain laughs, enjoying the young girl tearing apart Auradon style "How far can I go?"

"Everything, well whatever makes me look and feel like me," Rain looks up at her as she spins her round "but way worse,"

"Yay!" Dizzy goes and gets some scissors that look more like sheers. Rain gives her an uneasy smile. She shouldn't be worried. Right?

----------&----------

"And done," Dizzy spins Rain around in the chair. Rain stands up and examines herself in the broken mirror. Her hair's now a deep red and her hair's in tight curls, it was different...but Rain loved it.

"Hey, there I am,"

"In all your glory!" Rain takes out some money to give Dizzy "for me!?"

"Yeah, you definitely deserve it Kiddo," As Dizzy goes to put it away, Rain takes out a piece of gum, placing it into her mouth. A familiar face stops Dizzy though.