3 - Birthday Surprises

"Bridgette?" I heard. I glanced up and met Harry's eyes.

"Yes, my handsome first mate?" I asked, kicking my feet up on the table separating us with a smirk. He tossed a box down on the table with a crooked grin.

"Happy birthday." He said before turning and leaving my cave. I glanced down at the box with a confused look on my face.

How did he know it was my birthday? I never even celebrate it. I shrugged and ripped the box open, finding a black rope below a note.

For your father's fang. Noticed it collecting dust on your shelf. Might as well wear it.

-Harry

P.S. you always did look good in a necklace, love.

I smiled softly, taking the rope out of the box and walking over to the only shelf I had in my cave. I tied the fang onto the rope securely, pulling it over my head. I smiled and glanced at the mouth of the cave, finding Harry standing there with a small smile of his own.

"Thank you." I whispered, scared that if I spoke too loud someone would hear.

"Don't mention it." He shrugged, smiling widely as he turned and actually exited the cave.

--------

"B." A new voice sounded at the mouth of my cave. I rolled my eyes and walked out, greeting Uma.

"Might as well walk me to the ship, seeing as no one even cares to read the 'do not disturb' signs." I huffed, glaring at the useless signs. I would take them down if Gil hadn't spent hours making them for me.

"Sure." Uma laughed briefly, glancing around to make sure no one heard. 

"Is there a reason you came to my place of residence?" I asked, looking down at Uma. Her eyes narrowed and then widened.

"Right, yeah, actually." She nodded, patting her pockets. She reached into her front pocket and pulled out a small ring. "Happy birthday."

"How did you know?" I asked, taking the ring from her hand. 

"Harry's been asking me for weeks if you'd like his gift." Uma said with an eye roll. "Figured I should get you something too."

"Thanks, Uma." I nodded, placing the warped silver ring on my pinky. It was simple, just a silver band. But there was a messy engraving on the band, reading 'BW'. My initials.

"No problem." Uma shrugged, fighting a smile. I gave her half of a genuine smile, so she knew I actually appreciated the gift. The rest of the walk was silent, both of us scanning our surroundings just in case. One could never be too careful on the Isle. Once we got to the ship, Gil greeted me with a wide smile.

"I made you something." He said, holding a finger up before running to his cabin. I looked at Uma, and she shrugged. I heard Gil running back, and turned my attention to him. In his hands was a pie, an actual pie.

"How?" I asked, dumbfounded. The pie was in tact, and looked completely edible. I even felt the warmth radiating off of it as I walked close to it.

"Harry said it was your birthday, so I gathered as many apples as I could find, and baked the good parts into a pie for you." Gil beamed, handing me the apple pie. It smelled delicious, and I couldn't help the smile that made it to my cheeks.

"Thank you, Gil." I said, smiling at him directly.

"You're welcome, Bridgette." He beamed back. "Happy birthday."

"Grab Harry and let's go eat this in my cabin." I said to Gil, nodding my head at Uma to follow me. I sat the pie on the table in my cabin, sitting in front of it and Uma. Once Harry and Gil joined us, we ate the pie. It was the first 'fresh' piece of food we'd had in years, and we relished in the flavor of something sweet without dirt, bugs, or rot. 

"I appreciate you guys." I stated, leaning back in my chair. This was as close as I would get to telling them I loved them, and they knew it. They all smiled over at me and nodded gratefully.

"Happy birthday, love." Harry said. 

"We appreciate you too." Uma nodded. 

"Did you like it?" Gil asked.

"It was perfect, Gil."