6 - Royal Conversation

The next morning, Harry and Gil helped me wrangle Ozzy so that we could tie her to the post beside Ben. Of course, she was putting up one exhausting fight.

"Ozzy, if you don't stop thrashing about, I'll throw you overboard with your hands and feet bound so you can't swim to safety." I growled, forcing her eyes to meet mine. A smirk spread across her face and she spat at me, effectively hitting my cheek. My eyes started to glow yellow and I lunged for her, only to be caught by Harry.

"Easy, love." Harry said, wiping the spit off my cheek with his sleeve. "Wait until you have witnesses. Preferably of the traitor variety."

"Just get her tied up beside Ben before I do something drastic." I huffed, nuzzling into Harry's side. He kissed my forehead before grabbing Ozzy and shoving her up the stairs. I followed them up, smirking as Gil and Harry tied her up right beside Ben. I rolled my eyes as Harry started poking Ben to get a reaction out of him.

"Gil!" I called.

"Yeah, boss?"

"Get up in that crow's nest, let me know when you see Mal and her little group." I commanded. He nodded and started climbing up a net.

"Give it a rest, Harry." I said, lightly pushing him away from Ben. "Give it a rest. We don't want damaged goods. Unless they're blonde and unruly."

"You said that I could hook him!" Harry protested.

"Now, when did I say that?" I asked. Harry huffed a pouted at me. "If Mal doesn't show up with the wand by noon, you can hook him."

Harry smirked and walked back over to Ben, dangling a pocket watch in front of him.

"Twenty more minutes." Harry mused.

"That says 11:30." Ben stated.

"You better hope your girlfriend comes through." I said, sitting in front of Ben. Harry hummed and stood beside me.

"Well, she's not my girlfriend anymore." Ben said. Harry chuckled and I tilted my head.

"No? Pity. Leave us alone, Harry." He nodded and leaned down, placing a kiss on my forehead. As he passed Ben he growled.

"Nineteen minutes to go now."

"Actually, it's 29 you half-wit." Ozzy snapped from the other side of the post.

"Go." I commanded, feeling a wave of hot anger wash over me at Ozzy's words. Harry nodded at me, patting Ben's shoulder teasingly as he stood beside the plank hanging over the ocean.

"I get that you don't deserve this." Ben started. I laughed and leaned back onto the heels of my hands.

"'This'?" I chuckled sarcastically. "This island is a prison, thanks to your father. And don't pretend to look out for me. Because no one's looking out for me. I'm a wolf without a pack."

"So, this isn't your dad's plan?" Ben asked. I scoffed, rolling my eyes at the king.

"Isn't that his tooth on your necklace?" Ben asked. I reached up and grabbed the fang on my necklace, smiling sarcastically at the king.

"My dad doesn't care about me, either." I growled. "I won this tooth challenging him for the alpha position. And I won. Then he scampered into hiding with his buddy Scar. I was six."

"Ouch." Ben commented.

"I don't need your pity." I snapped.

"No, you certainly don't." Ben agreed. "You're very resourceful. I don't see you tied up."

"All right." I smirked, standing up in front of Ben. "So let's trash talk Mal."

"I'd rather talk about you." Ben deflected.

"Hmm." I hummed. "Funny and a gentleman. I really hope I don't have to feed you to the fishes. Your blonde counterpart however..."

"Watch it, you mangy mutt!" Ozzy yelled.

"Well, you don't have to feed either of us to the fishes." Ben tried. "Set us free and we can go back together."

"As your royal advisor, I advise you to shut your mouth before you make a decision you regret." Ozzy huffed.

"Oh, now I get an invite?" I pouted sarcastically. "Gee, I wonder why."

I growled as I spotted Uma talking with Harry, both watching me with curious expressions. I placed a hand above Ben's shoulder and looked him in the eyes as I spoke.

"When you brought Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay to Auradon," I paused, my eyes turning yellow. "That's as mad as I've ever been in my life. And trust me, I've been plenty mad."

"I never thought of it like that before." Ben said, a look of realization washing over his face. "That I could have hurt the people I didn't pick. My plan was to start with four kids and bring more people over."

"An absolutely terrible plan if they're all like her." Ozzy spat.

"Shut your mouth or Harry can ho-"

"I'm so sorry." Ben apologized. My eyes widened slightly at that as I tilted my head, my threat toward Ozzy forgotten. "You're a leader, Bridgette. So am I. Come to Auradon and be part of the solution."

"Me?" I asked, a smirk falling on my face. "Part of your solution?"

Ben looked at me, hope practically glowing in his eyes. I looked him up and down before shaking my head.

"You're cute, but... Nah." I answered. "I don't need you. I'm gonna get there on my own. Uma! Harry!"

Uma stood beside me while Harry glared down at Ozzy.

"Let's see what her necklace can do, eh?" I asked, pointing to Uma's necklace she got from her mom. Uma and I walked over to the edge of the ship, glancing over the side. "Do your thing, Uma."