The Walls Are Closing In

The first time Hansol thought something might be wrong.

"Alright, just one 4 hour flight and then we go home. It was a long week, but we made it," Seungcheol sighed, dropping into his assigned seat as they boarded the plane back to Seoul. They just attended and performed at MAMA Hong Kong and were exhausted from all of the craziness.

Hansol approached his assigned window seat, it was right behind Seungcheol's. He shoved his bag into the overhead compartment, shuffling to his seat. He collapsed into the much-too-small airplane chair, leaning his head back as he closed his eyes.
He wanted sleep, he wanted to sleep so bad, but if he slept on the plane, he wouldn't be able to sleep that night.

So Hansol unzipped his backpack and took out the bottle of coffee that he bought at the airport. He unscrewed the cap, taking a sip.

"Hey, Solie," Seungkwan cheerfully greeted as he plopped down into the seat right next to Hansol, "What's that?" He asked pointing to Hansol's drink.

"It's..Instant Death Coffee.." He said, reading the label on the bottle, "It has as much caffeine as 5 normal cups of coffee."

Seungkwan stifled a laugh, rubbing his forehead, "Sweet Jesus, Hansol! Ugh, if you have a heart attack on this plane, I'm not giving you cpr," he chuckled, running a hand through his chestnut-coloured hair, "Hm by the way, I downloaded Avengers: Age Of Ultron on my phone, do you wanna watch it?"

He swallowed a sip of his death juice, nodding adamantly, "You know it, bro!"

*

Once the plane took off, Hansol and Seungkwan got comfortable to watch their movie. Seungkwan threw a blanket over both of them, shielding them from the chill of the plane. They shared Seungkwan's earbuds, as to not disturb the other passengers.

Once the movie started, Seungkwan shifted in his seat, linking his arm around Hansol's and resting his head on his shoulder, Hansol let him. He always did. Seungkwan was a very touchy person, especially to Hansol.

About an hour had passed as the watched in silence, Hansol occasionally making a quip about what was happening on-screen, "Oh my god, Steve almost lifted Thor's hammer!" He murmured to Seungkwan, receiving no response, "Kwannie? Oh.."

Seungkwan was fast asleep on his shoulder. The thought of waking him up briefly crossed Hansol's mind, but he decided to let the boy sleep, since he probably needed it.

Even in his slumber, Seungkwan's arm was still firmly wrapped around Hansol's.
His chest rose and fell rhythmically every couple seconds, his breaths never speeding up or slowing down; it was calming.
Hansol could vaguely smell Seungkwan's strawberry scented shampoo mixed with his lavender moisturizer. Pleasant, but not overpowering like some scented products. It was a specific mixture of scents that was unique to Seungkwan. Hansol was quite fond of it.

The boy looked at so peace when he slept; his forehead free of worry lines, his body relaxed, and his lips soft, plump, and not dry and picked at.
Seungkwan radiated warmth and happiness, he always did.

A smirk tugged at the corner of Hansol's lips, his cheeks dusted with pink.
As he observed his sleeping friend, Hansol started to feel a strange tightness in his chest; his heart was beating much faster than it normally did and his stomach felt like a cement mixer.
He snapped out of his gaze, the toothy grin vanishing from his face.
He raised his free hand to his chest, feeling his elevated heart rate, "I really need to lay off the caffeine," he whispered to himself, sighing as he continued watching the movie. He remained as still as he could, as not to wake Seungkwan.

-

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we will now be making our descent into Seoul," the announcement was made over the loudspeakers.

Hansol had been busy writing lyrics on his phone, he hardly noticed the announcement. He didn't look up from his phone screen until he felt Seungkwan stirring out of his slumber.

The well-rested kid lifted his head from Hansol's shoulder, turning to look at him, "Uh..what-uh-are we-uh-landing.?" He rasped, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah..ah I'm glad to be home.." Hansol said, smirking as he reached out to brush his fingers through Seungkwan's bed head, taming all the cowlicks for him. As he did so, he felt that tightness in his chest return, but he ignored it, blaming it on the coffee

Seungkwan grabbed Hansol's wrist, removing his fingers from his hair, "Hansol-ah! Are you ok?!" He asked, his eyebrows raised.

Hansol instinctively brought his hand to his chest, "Probably just the caffeine-"

"-No no, you're face is so red!" He cut him off, placing the back of his hand on Hansol's forehead, "You're burning up. When we get home, you're taking a nap and I'm making you some soup."

He chuckled, "Seungkwan, I'm fine! It's just the caffeine I had earlier...probably. Seriously, I'm fine," he put his phone into his backpack and zipped it up, preparing to get up from his seat once they landed.

Seungkwan rolled his eyes at him, "I'm still gonna make you soup.." He mumbled under his breath as he put his stuff back into his bag aswell.

*

Side effects of too much caffeine

Hansol typed this phrase into google while the guys were in the car on the way home from Gimpo Airport; he was curious about his symptoms from earlier. He figured it best to just search all of his symptoms.

Red face, tightness in chest, and weird stomach feeling

He didn't expect much from that kind of search, but was pleasantly surprised to find a list of possible ailments given to him.

Illnesses with these symptoms

Clinical Anxiety

'Well I certainly don't have that.' Hansol thought to himself.

Stomach Flu

'No no, I'd know if I had that.'

You've got a crush on someone, you idiot

Hansol's stomach turned, his chest tightening again, "No.." He breathed, staring that the sentence blankly until he came to his senses and turned his phone off, "That's not it."

"What's not it?" Seungkwan asked, raising his eyebrows.

Hansol turned to look at him, "Hm nothing, sorry, I was just..thinking out loud," he trailed off before hastily changing the subject, "So, man are you excited to have the whole day off tomorrow?"

Seungkwan smiled, "Yeah, I'll probably just sleep all day though."

"Ugh same. I'm ready to crash as soon as we get home. I..really need some sleep," He laughed, running his fingers through his hair.
The tightness in his chest seemed to stop, his cheeks were no longer so red.
Maybe the caffeine had finally run its course.
Because that's all it was.
Just the caffeine.
Everything was fine.