A Wonderful Caricature Of Intimacy

[TW- brief reference to bulimia/eating disorders but only for a second]
-
Hansol was the first to wake up the next morning.

His first waking thoughts were 'Hm, I'm in Seungkwan's bed, cuddling with him.'

His second waking thoughts were 'Oh shit, I have a crush on him now. Fuck, now I'm all nervous. We've slept in the same bed before, we've cuddled countless times, this is no different. Ok I just have to not wake him up yeah?'

He could tell his head was buried in Seungkwan's neck, and his arm was wrapped around his torso. He felt so warm, and protected, and comfortable. This wasn't out of the ordinary for them. For Seungkwan, it was just another best friend sleepover cuddle sesh.
For Hansol however, it was emotional torture.

Hansol slowly opened his eyes; his face was so close to Seungkwan's. If he wanted to, he could lean in and kiss him right then and there. Obviously, he wouldn't, though the thought still crossed his mind anyway.

He contemplated waking Seungkwan up, but decided against it. Waking him up would mean having to get up, and he didn't want to stop cuddling.
Hansol closed his eyes again, sighing as he just enjoyed the moment for a little while longer.

After probably 5 minutes of peaceful bliss, Hansol felt a little tap on his shoulder, "Wake up, sleepyhead," Seungkwan cooed gently, his voice smooth as honey despite him having just awoken.

He slowly opened his eyes, pretending to have woken up just then. Seungkwan hadn't made any effort to get up either.

"Good Morning, Kwannie," he whispered back, slowly sitting up, Seungkwan doing the same.

"How was Black Panther? I think I fell asleep during the movie," he groaned, rubbing his fingers through his hair.

Hansol bit back a stupid grin, "It was great," he lied, as he'd barely been paying attention to most of the movie. He was too busy having his little crisis.

-

Throughout the following week, Hansol discovered a very inconvenient, new problem in his life. Now that he was aware of his feelings for Seungkwan, it made EVERYTHING suddenly awkward.

The two got dressed in Seungkwan's room that first morning, Hansol borrowing Seungkwan's clothes. Despite having changed in front of each other countless time, Hansol now had to look the other way, because he knew his cheeks would be bright red if he watched Seungkwan strip.

In the car on the way to work every morning, Hansol couldn't help but notice that Seungkwan's thigh was firmly pressed up against his. They sit next to each other in the car every damn morning for the last 5 years, but he never seemed to notice until now and it was kinda making him crazy.

Hansol never noticed before how much Seungkwan liked to just,,,touch him. Platonic hand holding, platonic back hugs, platonic cheek kisses, or platonic thigh grabbing. It was too close for comfort, too intimate, and too driving-him-insane.

He never noticed how thoughtful Seungkwan was, how selfless and kind he was to everybody. The way he handed out compliments and advice like it was candy. The way he helped out the Pledis staff members every chance he got.
He'd give someone the shirt off his back if they asked, and Hansol really admired it.