Too Close For Comfort

The 2nd time Hansol thought something was wrong.

The guys were having their first dance practice in preparation for their upcoming comeback. They'd been working for almost 3 hours and they were all whipped.
Soonyoung was teaching them the choreography for their title track, and they were about 1/3 of the way done.

"Ok so this part is going to be the transition between Hansol's rap verse and Seungkwan's bridge," he began, clearing his throat, "Hansol-ah, you're already up at in the front right here so you're going to stay put and..Seungkwan-ah! Oh this part is gonna look so cool!" He gushed, rushing over to where Hansol was standing to demonstrate the dance.

"While you're singing your line, you two are gonna have like a little part right here where it'll kinda look like you're tango-ing or something," Soonyoung continued, placing his right hand on Hansol's waist, "Hansol, put your right hand around the back of my neck and take a step back with you left foot," he instructed.

Hansol did as he was told, not giving it a second thought. His grip tightened around Soonyoung's shoulder as he did the step back.

"Ok now take another step back, then step out with you're right foot, good good, just like that. Now the left foot again. Now Seungkwan's hand is going to drag across your chest just like this..yes. Remember, we want it to look sexy, yah?" He ran through the dance move with Hansol a couple of times before he motioned for Seungkwan to come out and do it.

Seungkwan approached Hansol, flashing him a brief smile as he grabbed him by the waist, taking a step toward him.

Hansol put his hand on Seungkwan's neck, his cheeks unknowingly dusted with pink.
They slowly went through the steps a couple of times until they were comfortable with it, marking most of the hand motions.

"Awesome, now that you've got the footwork, do it one more time, with all the hand motions," Soonyoung said, putting his hands on his hips.

Hansol nodded, placing his hand back on Seungkwan's neck.
Seungkwan gripped Hansol's waist, pulling their bodies closer together, their faces only inches apart.
He could practically smell Seungkwan's cherry Chapstick.

They took a step back, then another. It felt like it was happening in slow motion. They were standing so close, sharing body heat even.
Shivers ran all over Hansol's body, his chest tightening again. His face became noticeably tinged with red.

Seungkwan stepped to the side, teasingly dragging his hand across Hansol's chest before letting go of him entirely and turning back to look at Soonyoung, "How was that, hyung?"

"That was great guys! Why don't you go get some water and then we can start on our b-side track choreo," the dancer said, running his hand through his neon-red hair, droplets of red sweat dripping down his forehead.

Hansol stood on his spot for a few seconds, staring at the ground, waiting until he felt normal again.

"Sol, are you good there man?" Seungcheol asked, clapping him on the shoulder, raising an eyebrow in concern.

He snapped his gaze back up at his hyung, "Uh-yeah, I'm fine, sorry. I-I just spaced out for a second haha.." He stuttered, giving a polite smile. He let out a deep breath, walking over to the wall to get water.

---

After working on the b-side choreo for another hour, everyone was tired, as usual. It was nearing 9pm, the guys were anxious to get back to the dorm and have dinner. Jeonghan, Jisoo, Junhui, and Chan left almost immediately.
Seokmin, Minghao, Wonwoo, and Mingyu were then next few to leave the practice room.

Hansol sat on the floor, nursing a bottle of Gatorade and looking through his Instagram feed. His head snapped up when he heard a pair of footsteps approaching him.

It was Seungkwan, he sat down on the floor opposite Hansol, "Hey, do you..wanna practice our part in the choreo a little more, then maybe stop somewhere and have dinner or something?" He asked, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

Hansol set his phone down, giving the guy his full attention, "Y-yeah, let's do that," he mumbled, nodding in agreement as they both stood up.

Seungkwan grabbed Hansol's wrist, dragging him onto the middle of the floor, "Ok let's get this move down perfectly."

Hansol complied, putting a hand around Seungkwan's neck.
Seungkwan got into position as well, and the two guys went through their solo part, just as they'd done earlier.

The room was unsettlingly quiet except for the sound of their shoes squeaking on the floor, and their ragged breaths.

"Ok let's do it again, but maybe in slow motion, so we can really feel the movements," Seungkwan suggested.

And so they did.

He snaked his hand around Hansol's waist, his other grabbing his hand. The took a step, then another, then another; Seungkwan inched his face closer to Hansol's with each step. His plump lips curled into a smirk.

Hansol's heart was beating out of his chest, his face beet red, he didn't know why. He chalked it up to exhaustion. He went through the moves as well, holding his breath until they finished.

'Pull it together, Hansol. You're just tired, that's all. You can sleep soon.'

By this time, Seungcheol and Soonyoung were about to leave the practice room, Seungcheol cleared his throat, signaling for their attention, "Don't stay too late, guys. You still need your rest, so please come back at a reasonable hour," he requested, waving as he shut the door behind him.

They ran through the choreo again, Seungkwan pulled himself closer again, Hansol's chest tightened..again.

Seungkwan stared at the wall behind Hansol in concentration, biting his soft-looking lips as he did the steps.
He remained completely un-phased by the lack of personal space between them.

Hansol, however, wasn't so unphased. His eyes glanced down at Seungkwan's lips and for whatever reason, his brain decided to betray him.

'What if I kissed him right now?'

The rogue thought smacked Hansol in the face like a brick. He immediately let go of Seungkwan, taking a step back from him. He rubbed his forehead, staring at the floor.

'What the fuck, dude. You must REALLY need some sleep if you're thinking things like that!'

"Hansol, what the hell?" Seungkwan chuckled, cocking his head to the side in concern, "You good?"

Hansol looked back up at him, "Y-yeah, sorry. It is kinda late already, maybe we should go ahead and go. We can work on this more tomorrow, besides we really need sleep, yah."

He chucked, nodding, "You've got a point, bro. You wanna stop for some grub on the way home?" He asked, picking up his backpack and putting his baseball cap on.

"You know it..bro," he replied, clearing his throat. He brought a hand up to his cheek to make sure he wasn't blushing. He glanced at his reflection in the practice room mirror, sighing when he saw that he was indeed blushing. He ignored it, shaking his head and following Seungkwan out the door.

'I REALLY REALLY need some sleep."