Overhead Of The Aqua Blue

The time Hansol finally came to his senses

After finishing up dance practice that night, the guys headed over to a nearby restaurant for dinner. As they were crossing the street, Seungkwan approached Hansol, clapping him on the shoulder and unintentionally startling him.

Hansol jumped half a mile in the air, before sighing in relief when he realized who it was, "Oh..oh hey, what's up?"

Seungkwan bit his lip, walking really close to him and lowering his voice, "Is everything ok? Are you mad at me? You've been avoiding me all day."

Hansol's stomach churned at the thought of unknowingly hurting Seungkwan's feelings, "I-I'm sorry man, I didn't even realize. No, of-of course I'm not mad at you. I guess I've just been kinda preoccupied today," he gave Seungkwan a sincere smile, sympathetically rubbing his shoulder.

"Can you make it up to me by watching a movie with me tomorrow? Thor:Ragnarok is on Netflix!" He asked, biting back an excited grin. The streetlights reflected off of his bright, coffee-coloured eyes.

Hansol shrugged, "Hell yeah, dude."

The employees at the restaurant had to push 3 tables together for them to all sit together. Just as they reached said tables, Junhui stopped, whipping out his phone, "Selca! This ones for Weibo!"

They all gathered close, Hansol held up a hand heart for the camera. Just as the picture was taken, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist. He jumped, letting out a surprised gasp.

"Woah, dude, sorry! I didn't mean to spook you!" Seungkwan apologized, holding his hands up in the air like he was surrendering to a cop. He gave Hansol a concerned look as he sat down at the table.

Hansol cleared his throat, "It's ok, you just kinda startled me, that's all," he said, taking the seat next to Seungkwan, ignoring the fact that cheeks had turned bright red.

•••

Shortly after everyone gave the waitresses their orders, the table began to buzz with lively conversation. Hansol didn't take part though, he just stared at the table, lost in his thoughts.

'Man that was weird. Seungkwan used to hug me like that all the time. I don't know why I jumped so much.. Not to mention the fact that I was apparently avoiding him today. I feel so bad about hurting his feelings..It makes me sad when he's sad.'

He couldn't explain all of the stuff that's been going on with Seungkwan lately, all he knew was that he kept acting weird around him and he didn't quite know why.
Still halfway zoned out, he picked up his glass and took a sip of his water when he suddenly felt a hand grip his mid-thigh. He instinctively gasped, which caused him to choke on his water and go into a minute long coughing fit.

That reaction caused Seungkwan to hastily snatch his hand away, banging it hard on the edge of the table. He let out a yelp of pain, clutching his hand.

Everyone at the table went silent, staring at the two of them with a mixture of confusion, concern, and amusement.

"A-are you guys ok?" Seungcheol asked, raising an eyebrow at them from across the table.

Hansol managed to choke out a "We're fine," in between his coughs.

"What the hell, dude?! What is wrong with you today!?" Seungkwan whispered, still rubbing his hand in pain. He stared at him with wide eyes, mostly out of surprise.