[CHAPTER SEVEN] Redemption

[SORRY FOR ANY ERRORS]

𝐁ROOKLYN, NEW YORK.
SEPTEMBER 13th, 1989

It was 7:39pm on a Wednesday evening.

School today was boring per usual.

I didn't see Malik today and I did not want to see him because he's not worth my eyesight.

I was currently inside my room doing homework for Algebra II & English.

I looked down at the book I was reading titled "To Kill A Mockingbird" and closed it.

My mom wasn't coming home until 11pm tonight and my dad is at some convention and won't come home until Saturday.

It was literally just me inside the house and I was bored.

I laid down on my back and looked up at my ceiling.

I didn't know that my life would transition so quickly. And I honestly was not ready for this big of a change.

My thought process was quickly interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs towards the front door.

I opened the front door and the person I saw made me absolutely furious.

It was Malik at my doorstep.

He stood there with a grey hoodie on and sunglasses over his eyes. He had on grey sweatpants and Nike sneakers.

He awkwardly stood there with a faint smile on his face and I slammed the door shut

This is not redemption headquarters.

I have nothing to say to him.

"A'mya hear me out." He says and I hear the sadness in his voice. I was still in front of the now shut door and he was on the other side.