[CHAPTER EIGHT] Brother Trouble

[SORRY FOR ANY ERRORS]

𝐁ROOKLYN, NEW YORK.
  SEPTEMBER 15th,1989

I walked outside of the school building with Malik. It was the last day of the week and I was ready to hibernate this weekend.

It's been two weeks since the whole situation ended and we have honestly been better than ever.

"So you're heading home?" He asks me and I look up at him.

"Yeah... I don't have anywhere else to go." I say and he smiles.

"Well it is Friday.. we could chill." He says and I brush him off.

"I'll pass." I respond and he shrugs.

"Your loss."

"I doubt it."

I don't think Malik understood when I said I only wanted to work on our friendship.

He's been flirting so hard with me and I have been dodging it.

I am slowly starting to trust him again. It's a process. 

"My Car is in the shop so I guess I'll be taking the train with you today." He says and I widened my eyes.

"Malik Johnson taking the train? Wow!" I say in a sarcastic tone and he laughs.

"Yeah yeah." He says and we both start to walk in the direction of the train.

Suddenly a car pulls up to us and we both stop in our tracks.

It was an all black BMW series five with the windows tinted.

The passenger side window slowly goes down and the person I saw shocked me.

"A'mya Marie Harrison!" My brother Ahmad screams through the window and I look up at Malik and he chuckles a little.

"Why are you here?" I ask and he pouts

"You don't seem so happy to see your brother." Ahmad says and I roll my eyes.