[CHAPTER THIRTY] Issues

[SORRY FOR ANY ERRORS]

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK.
FEBRUARY 11th, 1990

"I'm gonna keep it a hundred with you, it's a possibility Malachi and Japan may still be fucking with each other." Jordan says as he opens his sprite.

Jordan and I have been getting really close since our group project. I would've never imagined this friendship blossoming like this but Jordan is truly an amazing person.

I swore he was an asshole but I guess it's true when they say don't judge a book by it's cover.

"Jordan, how many times are you gonna fuck up Malik's name??" I asked as I shook my head at his subtle shade. I put a fry in my mouth as I looked at him drink his sprite.

Putting the bottle down on the lunch table, "I owe that negro no type of loyalty to say his correct name." He responds while putting the cap on top of the bottle.

"Whatever... and you think so? You think Korea and Malik are still doing stuff?" I asked.

"Myz, open up your fucking eyes. You'll always be sixth place in his life. It goes like this: basketball, his child, his family, Korea and then you. I don't know if Korea and Malik are necessarily fucking each other but they will always have a connection because they share a child." Jordan nonchalantly says.

I never thought about it like that.

I know he told me he wasn't doing anything with Korea those nights he stayed late but why didn't he tell me he was going to spend time with his child if that was the case?

"I don't know... I don't wanna jump to conclusions and start accusing him of cheating but all I know is that this relationship is too much. Don't get me wrong, I really like Malik but he has a lot of baggage. It really makes me wonder..."

Sighing, "Ima just put it like this, you're a whole sophomore. You don't need to be in no type of committed relationship. Or better yet, a motherfucking step mother at 16. Im not here to tell you what you should do Myz... but I hope you take what I'm saying into consideration." Jordan responds as he gets up from the lunch table.

Furrowing my eyebrows, "Where you going?" I ask.

"Going upstairs to the library... I gotta get a loaner book for McAllen's class. I left the book she gave us at home." He replied, throwing his north face book bag over his shoulder.

"You can borrow mine, I already had her class this morning. Just meet me at my locker afterschool to give it back to me." I said as I opened by book bag. Taking out the book 'Of mice of men', I slid it across the lunch table.