[CHAPTER NINETEEN] Merry Christmas

[SORRY FOR ANY ERRORS]

𝐁ROOKLYN, NEW YORK.
DECEMBER 25th, 1989

I walked down stairs with heavy anticipation. It was Christmas and the whole Harrison and Bianchi family was in full effect inside.

Christmas was my favorite holiday because everyone can come together as one and appreciate each other's existence for once.

I made it to the bottom of the stairs and I looked at everyone who was there. It was almost the entire family tree. I was truly blessed to be apart of a family where everyone gets along. My dad and My mom's family both believed in the idea of handling our issues privately.

"A'mya! You got so big!" Auntie Julia says to me and I flash her a faint smile.

"You too." I mumble, observing her frame seeing that she gained a huge amount of weight.

I walked to the living room seeing my brother Ahmad and my three other male cousins Romeo, Xavier, and Lamont arguing over sports. Romeo was currently knocked out and asleep on the couch.

"Basketball ain't got shit on fucking Football!" Lamont yells at Xavier and I made my way to sit next to my brother Ahmad.

"Yo I think something is wrong with you because ain't no way football is better than basketball." Ahmad says, reaching for his bottle of water and drinking it. He was slouched in the living room chair and I decided to put my two legs on his lap.

"Get your stink ass feet off my lap." Ahmad says, pushing my feet off and I give him a confused look.

"Stink? Are you dumb?" I ask and Xavier begins to laugh.

"You look so different." Xavier says to me and I nod.

"Really?" I ask and Lamont kisses his teeth.

"A'mya you look the same, he's just trying to change the conversation because he knows he's wrong about the football bullshit." Lamont yells to Xavier.

"Y'all hear something?" Xavier asks and I begin to laugh.

"Nah I don't hear shit." I say and we both begin to laugh.

Xavier is my favorite cousin and will always be. My mother and her sister was pregnant with the both of us around the same time. He was born that September and I was born that October. Ever since then, we've always been close. It was like we were glued to the hip.

I believed that he was truly the male version of myself because we acted exactly alike. Some say we look alike but I don't see that at all. But regardless that's my dog.