SEVEN

Jack and I walked down the hall with a new infant as he looked down at the tanned baby he looked up at me.

"This kid is surely adopted." He joked, I sighed "kind of racist don't you think Jack?"

He shut up, and swallowed, looking at me. "I didn't think of it that way." He said lowly

"It's fine, Jack. Just don't say that again." I tell him, "even a fair-skinned baby can be adopted." I added

"Right..." he murmured as we exited the school.

"So, who's going to have the baby tonight?" Jack wondered as we stood on the sidewalk.

"You can." I handed him it, his eyes widened. "Did I not just tell you that I'm going to a party tonight?"

"Yeah, you did." I smile, "but then again your little girlfriend broke the other baby, so I think it's only fair."

Jack glared at me, I remained with a smile on my face as my mom's car pulled up. She stopped in front of us. I waved.

"Good luck with the baby, Jack." I got in the front, he rolled his eyes "it's not fair."

"Oh, yes it is Grazer," I say and close the door, my mom looks at me funny.

"Psychology class." I explain, she nods "ah, well how was the day?" She pulled out of the student pick-up zone.

"It was good, how about you?" I ask

"Same-old, same-old, peanut." My mom called me by my nickname.

"I see." I sighed, I knew my mom was a doctor and all, but she had this patient who would go into the office just to bug her.

He's convinced everyone that he has cancer and she's not allowed to share his health information so she can't say he's lying.

"I'm sorry momma," I say, she nods slowly and we pulled into a drive-thru.

"Get whatever you want, my treat." She smiled

"Aww, so there's no food at home?" I ask, remembering all the times I've begged for take out but she always replied with "there's food at home."

"No there is. I'm just letting you have whatever since it's been a long day." She tells me, "and we haven't gotten take-out since last month."

"Oh, yeah, thank you, mom." I smiled

"You're welcome," she pulled towards the menu so we could order.