TWENTY

Bzzzt-Bzzzt-Bzzzt

I opened my eyes to a dark living room, the TV was now off and we were covered in more blankets than I grabbed from my room.

My mom must've gotten home. I look at the phone that was buzzing like crazy, it was Jack's.

I picked it up carefully and my eyes squinted; trying to adjust to the brightness I turned it down as I stared at the blurry notifications until my eyes focused.

My mouth agape as I read the text from Talia.

The time read: 12:15

It's midnight??

Tali💝💞💘: Baby buns I'm sorry for everything, I'm at your house please open your windo...

The text showed only that, it was sent a few minutes ago. I looked at Jack, who was still fast asleep. Many thoughts ran through my head.

Why the hell is her contact name still Tali? Why the fuck is she still in his phone and not blocked? And most importantly; who the fuck calls someone baby buns?

I wish I knew Jack's password, I mean, I could try to use his Face ID on him. But I already tried with mine when I was bored and it doesn't work with my eyes closed.

Stupid, but also good. Thanks to Apple their iPhone X is pretty good for a $1,700 phone it better be soaked in gold and served with wine made by Jesus himself.

But unfortunately, it's not...

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Talia's calling.

Fuck.