Back to work

Callen's pov:
The drive to work was pretty chill, with Sam and me talking about everything and nothing and my little princess playing with one of her Teddy's.
„Cute, isn't she?" sam asks me with a quick look in his rear few mirror.
„She is!" I whisper back with a loving smile just as we pull up in front of our headquarter.
„Let's go Love, we are already here." I tell her softly. Her head immediately turn towards me.
„Callen stay?" she asks unsure. I quickly get to her door and unclip her seatbelt.
„No where I would rather be love." I answer her as I pull her into my arms. Her smile came back right away and softly lays her head on my chest.
„Awh! How is the cutie doing today?" an over excited Deeks asks as soon as he sees my princess in my arms. She however got frightened by his voice since she hasn't met him till now.
„It's ok princess. He is a friend of mine, he is a strange one but he is a good friend." i tell her softly and caress her back to sooth her as best as possible.
„Mkay." She answers, slowly lifting her head a bit. Her head tilted to the side as if trying to find where Deeks is located at.
„But there are five people, and Sammy and you." she says in a whisper, holding tightly onto my shirt.
„That's true sweety, but they are all our friends and coworkers. Don't be afraid." sam says softly.
„Callen?" she questions as if to make sure that Sam said the truth.
„It's true love. Do you want to meet them?" I ask her in a cheerful tone. Just hoping to sooth her and make her feel safe again. She thinks about it for a bit before nodding her head.
„Stay?" she whispers softly.
„Of course love." I answer her and kiss her forehead.
„This is Deeks, you know the strange one." i tell her to make her laugh a bit. Which of course she does. Everyone smiles softly at my princess and her cute giggles.
„Hello beautiful! Aren't you just the cutest!" Deeks says lovingly to my princess. She again giggles and blushes slightly at his compliment.
„Hello Eeks." she answers with a shy wave.
„Hey cutie, my name is Kensi. It's really nice to meet you." kensi says with a protective glint in her eyes. Seems like my princess wrapped us all under her little finger.
„Hello Kensi." my cutie replies again waving slightly at kensi.
„My name is Erik. It's really lovely to meet you!" Erik introduces himself with a shy smile.
„Hello Erik!" my love answers, slowly coming out of her shell it seems.
„I am Nell, nice to see you again sweety!" Nell says with a loving smile.
„Nell! We play again ?" my princess bounces happily in my arms.
„Of course sweety! Let the introduction finish and then we can play upstairs again." Nell says and softly caresses her cheek.
„Hello young Miss Jo! My name is Hetty, it's really good to see you again." Hetty says with a certain glint in her eyes while looking in between me and my princess.
„Hi Hetty!" my little one replies softly.
„Who is that in your arms Jo?" Hetty asks her softly after seeing her teddy cuddled in between myself and her.
„That is Teddy! Callen and Sammy got him for me." my princess answers happy while showing her teddy to Hetty.
„Wow! That is a really cool teddy. You are really lucky!" Hetty answers her with a smile.

After instructions my princess went up to ops with Nell to play with her two Teddy's we brought with us.
„Mr. Callen, we need to talk." hetty says with a soft smile following my little princess.
„I am not giving her back!" I tell her quietly but with certainty.
„That i know Mr. Callen. I saw the bond that you two have between each other already yesterday. She also trusts you, which is good. Mr. Hanna called me yesterday and told me about those, disgusting people who are her foster parents. So I made it a point to call a friend of me who works for the CPS. He already went to her former home and took all the other kids with him as well, it was way worse than we thought after what we knew from miss Jo's story's." she tells me while pointing to a chair in front of her desk.
„They were kept in the basement, no beds, no food and no toys." she goes on, clearly getting angrier by every word she says.
„So I took it upon myself to get them into another home. And for Miss Jo, I asked him to put her into your care, for the time being with the possibility to adopt her after her case is closed." she goes on with shining eyes.
„I hope that is in your interest Mr. Callen!?" she asks me with a smile.
„You, you did what?" I ask a bit lost in all those information.
„So you are telling me I am allowed to adopt her? And that she can stay with me till the adoption got through?" I ask her to clarify.
„That is indeed what I said Mr. Callen." she answers me with a nod of her head.
„Oh my god! Thank you so much Hetty!" I say and hug her closely.
„You have no idea how much that means to me!" I tell her close to tears.
„I know and I know it will be the best for Misses Jo upstairs." she says with a motherly voice.
„Since that is know of the table." she goes on.
„I talked to the kids about our case. Apparently Staff sergeant Rafael Ramos knew the Foster Family and wanted to help the kids. He snuck them food and promised to get them out of there. That's why I send Mr. Deeks and Miss Blye to the prison to interview the prior foster family." she tells me.
„Why am I not the one to interview them?" I asked pissed that I can't interrogate them.
„Because you are to much involved into this case. It's about your daughter! So your job is to make my niece fell loved and safe around here!" she answers me with a soft smile. The word daughter makes me feel like I am on cloud 1000. nodding at her in understanding, I head up to look how my daughter is doing.
„Hello everybody!" I say as I enter the door to ops.
„Callen!" an excited Jo shouts out already running up to me. Her excitement lets me smile really big at her. She trusts me, she really does. And that after all she was put through!
„Hey princess! I need to talk to you for a bit, ok?" I ask her a bit afraid of what her answer may be. Maybe she doesn't want me to adopt her, maybe she wants to stay with the other foster kids.
„You leaving me?" she asks me frightened, her breathing already picking up.
„No princess, no! I am going absolutely nowhere if you aren't by my side! It's ok love. Deep breaths princess, you are safe!" I tell her softly swaying us side to side.
„I just wanted to ask you if it would be ok for you if I would adopt you." I whisper into her ear, never stoping the light swaying.
„You going to be my daddy?" she asks me hopefully.
„If you would let me, I would be really happy to be your daddy." I answer her, feeling me eyes starting to sting.
„Daddy!?" she says and squeezes herself even tighter into me.
„That's right Princess, i am you Daddy!" i tell her, a lone tear already running down my cheek. Quickly wiping it away and instead kiss her forehead softly.
„What is going on between the two of you?" Sam asks a bit worried since Jo is quietly crying into my chest and I also with wet eyes.
„He is my new daddy!" my little princess says happily.
„My daddy!" she repeats while slowly falling back asleep.
„So you are adopting her?" he asks me with wonder but also slightly proud.
„Yes, I am. I am going to be her daddy!" I answer him with a large smile.
„Deeks and kensi are already on their way back. Apparently her former foster dad attacked our victim while his wife shot him." sam tells me quietly. Nodding my head at him, I already thought something like this would have happend.
„They are never going to set a foot outside of prison ever again." he adds with a hand on my shoulder.