CHAPTER FIVE

We just stayed there for almost 30 minutes tapos bumababa na kami. Even though she likes to have an intense adventure, she's afraid pag nag hihike kami. That's why we don't stay overnight in mountains.

We always stay sa mga hotel na malapit sa mga bundok na inaakyat namin. It's safer if we stayed in a hotel rather than in forest na puno ng mga panganib. Baka nga may bigla nalang lumabas na bear doon.

"Open your flashlight, Jina. Medyo madilim na baka may kung ano pa tayong maapakan but don't worry malapit na tayo."

Mas madali kasi 'yung pagbaba kesa pag akyat. Almost 3 hours and 30 minutes kaming umakyat kanina while ngayong pagbaba almost 1 hour and 30 minutes lang.

"Be careful, Laye." I said to her. I know na hindi na bago sa kanya 'yung pag hihike but i still want to be careful. We don't want to have an accident here.

She just hummed and continued to walk.

After 30 minutes, we are already on the foot of the mountain. Nakababa na rin sa wakas, and now we have to drive sa pinakamalapit na hotel and stay there overnight.

We were just laughing and telling nonsense jokes through out the journey. Ako 'yung nagdrive since Laye seems kinda tired. I'm also tired pero mukhang mas pagod siya but we still manage to tell jokes and all.

"Dala mo ba laptop mo? Come on, Let's watch a movie!" She said excitingly but her face lit up more when she thought of something, She turned her head to me while she is smiling. I think she thought of something silly.

"Or you want to get wasted? Let's drink! Then play games!" I just shooked my head while keeping a smile. I looked at her and I think she's daydreaming about what might happen later.

30 minutes of drive before kami makarating sa nearest hotel. Masyadong malayo 'yung mga buildings and houses sa bundok. Maybe because they want to preserve the area but hikers are allowed naman daw mag hike, just do safety precautions.

I parked the car in the parking lot of the hotel. I saw some cars na nakapark but hindi ganon karami. The hotel we are staying in is not expensive. Hindi 'yung mala 5 star hotel since near the mountain kami magsstay, this hotel is probably a 3 star hotel.

But the hotel is really clean and cozy. They don't have chandeliers but all the light bulbs are working.

After we rent a room for overnight stay, we get back to our car to get our things then we went inside the elevator and I pressed the 8th floor.

We were just laughing and smiling while waiting for the elevator to open and as soon as the elevator opened we get out and find our room.

Aftee we found our room, Laye immediately opened the door using a key that the hotel gave to her.

Binaba ko ang mga gamit at dali daling humiga sa kama while Laye went inside the bathroom. I think she's going to take a bath.

I got up from the bed and stretched my body. Wow, I'm so tired but happy. I'm with my best friend again. Nakapagbonding din kami after a long time. Minsan nalang kasi kami mag bonding since we are both busy sa trabaho.

I heard the bathroom locked clicked and Laye went out of the bathroom with her pjs and big shirt. I immediately went to my things and get my towel and clothes. I'll take a hot shower.

"Jina, Do you still want to watch a movie and drink?" Laye asked me before I went inside the bathroom.

"Sure, you can set up everything and after I'm done showering, let's watch."

After I'm done showering, we spend our time having fun together. Leaving all the problems behind.

"SEE NEXT TIME, JINA." Laye bid her goodbyes after niya ako ibaba sa tinutuluyan kong apartment. Our journey is over, balik real life na naman ako.

While I was walking towards the elevator, I saw a familiar man. Nakatalikod siya kaya di ko maalala kung sino. His back is somehow familiar to me pero iniwas ko ang aking tingin at deretchong sumakay ng elevator.

The elevator opened and I tiredly went infront of my apartment to open it. As soon as the lock clicked, I went to bathroom to change my clothes.

Pupunta akong hospital. Tapos na ang maikli kong pahinga. I need to go back to hospital to continue my work.

I was busy putting a light makeup when my phone rang. I checked the callers id and it was the secretary of Eifah. May itatanong na naman ata tungkol sa details ng kasal. I really have a bad feeling about this wedding.

I answered the phone and put it on my ear.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Ms. Jina, the wedding gown is done. Pwede po kayong bumisita ng boutique to check if there is still something na gusto niyo ichange or iadd." I stood up soon as I'm done putting a light makeup and get satisfied.

"No need, Cherry." Wala naman akong gusto iadd or bawasan. Besides, I don't care naman since this is just an arrange marriage. It wasn't necessary to become conscious.

"Okay ma'am. I'll just update you for further details." then the line died.

I looked at the clock and i realize that i'm a little late so I quickly put my shoes on and went out of the building.

I was about to go to my car nang may pumaradang sasakyan sa harapan ko. I was so clueless kung bakit sa mismong harapan ko pa but I don't have time to get annoyed. I quickly went to my car.

But the window opened and the owner of the car spoke.

"Ride." 

What the f, it was Eifah.

———

a/n: sorry for grammatical errors and wrong spellings.